1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Japanese style restaurant.. HELP!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by ashleighriddick1211, 19 August 2014 Social URL.

1. ashleighriddick1211

ashleighriddick1211 New Member

Hi everyone,

I have only recently joined slimming world (4 weeks ago) and I really want to keep on top of things and keep the loses coming! I have a big weekend coming up as me and my boyfriend are heading to Leeds to celebrate his birthday. I have decided to stick to plan the Friday and Sunday but have a really nice day with drinks and a meal on the saturday night... The only issue is the following Tuesday for his actual birthday we are going to a Japanese/ Chinese style restaurant and I want to make wise choices. I know I can always go for the chicken and black bean with boiled rice for low syns, but I don't really like it. I want to stay within my 15 syns for the day but I have no idea what else to have... This is the menu :

New A La Carte Menu | Yen Rotunda

Any ideas would be appreciated!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. For heaven's sake don't eat something you don't like. It's a celebration!

To be honest, I don't think you need to worry too much, especially if you stick to the Japanese menu. My experience of Japanese food (admittedly a while ago!) is that it is all very light, even the things in batter, and very little is greasy or oily.

Maybe be a bit careful and avoid things in batter or breadcrumbs, but I would say, it is only one meal, be sensible, but most of all enjoy it. You can always eat lettuce for the rest of the week!! :)

4. Jamesie

Jamesie Well-Known Member

I absolutely ADORE Japanese food, so I'll tell you my favourites!

Edamame (steamed soy beans) - these should be free, but asked how they are cooked to make sure.

Chicken Yakitori should have few syns as it's char-grilled meat, so the syns would be counted for the marinade.

Be careful of the fresh noodles, because they can be packed with syns!

But yeah, if it's a celebration then just make sure you're sensible about your choices - in other words, go Japanese all the way!