Chinese or india takeaway?

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by Lizzymag, 25 July 2014.

1. Lizzymag

Lizzymag Active Member

Hi everyone
    Thinking of having a takeaway this eve but cant decide on chinese or indian?
    If i go chinese it would be vegetable chow mein and if i go indian it would probably be chicken dhansak ( normally it would be veg biryani and korma sauce but i know that would be wayyyy too many syns)

Does anyone know the syn values of the above?

Thank you!
  2. LoveMyCat

LoveMyCat Well-Known Member

I know a chicken dhansak is 6.5! With boiled rice, or pilau is around 2/2.5 I think! I've got a feeling that chow me in is around 7 but I'm not totally sure! What did you go for?! My OH works for a curry house at the moment so I am pretty much living and breathing curry syn values ;)
  3. Lizzymag

Lizzymag Active Member

Thanks lovemycat. I went for the dhansak in the end! The syns were so worth it lol! i thought boiled rice was free?
  4. WannabeThinna

WannabeThinna Well-Known Member

It is, I think lovemycat was saying the dhansak was 6.5 syns with boiled rice, pilau rice would be 2 or 2.5 syns extra.
  5. corina

corina Member

I thought I'd have to say goodbye all together to Indian take aways. What is dhanska like? I would normally have gone for korma/masala which I know is way too high! What would something like tandoori chicken be like for syns?
  6. Lizzymag

Lizzymag Active Member

Hi Corina, im the same i would normally have gone for Korma. I find the dhansak is actually very nice, its kinda sweet with a nice variety of flavours! its my new favourite lol! I just did a quick google search on syns in tandoori chicken and its coming up at 9 syns!
    You could also try making your own sw tandoori chicken (again i googled and it came up staight away)
  7. corina

corina Member

Thanks lizzy. I might try that dhanksi next time so :)
  8. Bryan47380

Bryan47380 Member

Thanks for the advice it will help a lot
  9. neonbright

neonbright New Member

Lovemycat would you have a good guesstimate on lamb rogan josh please? I was enjoying it when I did a wheat free diet recently but have no idea now on syns! Thanks!