chinese takeaway

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by xtinestrange, 15 January 2014.

1. xtinestrange

xtinestrange Member

Ive heard that chicken chow mein fRom chinese is quite low on syns. However I love chow mein with curry sauce. I was thinking on ordering a chicken chow mein with a seperate tub of curry sauce.does anyone know how much a standard tub of curry sauce is syn wise? Thanks
  2. Samantha26

Samantha26 Well-Known Member

Hi there, I can't see Chinese restaurant curry sauce online, the only thing I can see is:

Mayflower, Chinese Style Curry Sauce, frozen twin pack. (200g pack) 11syns on all plans

When I order Chinese I usually order a veg chow mein but get it cooked in soy sauce rather than oil, my friend gets chicken with extra veg for her EE plan. You would never know the difference taste wise and it's syn free :)
  3. bubbalicious

bubbalicious Well-Known Member

They have an average serving of Fish & Chip shop curry sauce = 6 syns (150g average)
  4. lovehearts

lovehearts Well-Known Member

Not sure on the syns but have you tried the mushy pea curry? It is lovely and I cant tell the difference. There are loads of recipes floating about in the SW recipe section on here. I make it a lot and freeze batches so it's a quick to have next time. It is syn free and will leave you with syns for something else.