Chips

rosierose15

Silver Member
How come a measly little portion of chips from KFC is 10 syns yet half a portion of chips from a chip shop is 9 syns where u would get much more!?!

Something similar was mentioned at our group a little while ago. Someone mentioned getting lightly battered fish from the fish and chip shop. Someone else, who worked in a chip shop, explained that you might aswell just be better off getting normal fish and chips, as with the lightly battered version all of the fat just soaks into the fish anyway!

Something similar was mentioned at our group a little while ago. Someone mentioned getting lightly battered fish from the fish and chip shop. Someone else, who worked in a chip shop, explained that you might aswell just be better off getting normal fish and chips, as with the lightly battered version all of the fat just soaks into the fish anyway!

That's something i've always never understood and removing the batter from the cod makes it syn free, (but yet you can't cook cod in oil yourself and it be syn free) and I would of thought the fat would soak into the fish :sigh: xxx

Is breadcrumbed fish better than battered fish? I guess the only issue is that you can't remove the breadcrumbs whereas batter is easy to remove.

Bossman

jezzi999 said:
As long as its battered properly, the batter makes an oil proof coat and steams the fish inside. So the oil never actually touches the fish. The thicker the batter the better it is at protecting the fish from oil, just dont eat the batter!

Ah I see, that makes much more sense. I wish i'd of questioned this earlier! Thanks for explaining :) xx

Back