Choc Mint

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by PositiveBetty, 10 March 2008 Social URL.

1. PositiveBetty

PositiveBetty Full Member

Well I thought I'd share...I did as someone advised and make my choc shake with mint tea and it's delicious. :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    hehe.. it is isnt it. i love experimenting..

x x

4. PositiveBetty

I haven't plucked up the courage to try anything like the crisps or muffin yet tho as I know I'll make a complete mess.

5. Donnalou86

Donnalou86 Striving for slimness

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I tried making the choc mint but thought it tasted a bit too herbal cos of the tea and not minty enough. Was ok though, I made the choc muffin today which was good

6. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I've never tried the choc mint yet - I'll get round to giving it a go one day.

7. mikey

mikey Silver Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    I have used the Tetley Peppermint Punch teabags - these are 100% peppermint leaf, and in the chocolate shake tastes great and certainly no herbal taste - perhaps you have a teabag that is not pure mint?

I make the tea with 1 teabag and 150ml water with 2 sweetners (I haven't tried it without the sweetner yet) and leave the teabag in until the tea has cooled. I then blend it with the chocolate shake mix and 7 ice cubes to get after eight ice cream - damn nice - I had one last night whilst watching TV.

8. PositiveBetty

this may be a stupid question but how do you crush the ice...I've tried it in the blender but it all stuck in the bottom.

9. Donnalou86

Diet:
    Cambridge

eee thanks loads mikey!! Will try those tea bags instead! I didn't use sweetner eaither so that might help. Will try that and let you know...I'm all excited now cos I did think it would be nice without the herbal-y taste, and the ice cream thing sounds amazing!!

10. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    just use an ice crusher to crush ice.. mine turns it into snow.. hehe.. and i have to stop myself eating the snow.. i think my childhood thing kicks in when i see it.. lol

x x

11. PositiveBetty

is there such a thing as an ice crusher...what one do you use?

12. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I just use my stick blender and you have to pump it up and down to first crush the ice to smaller bits, then just blend away till it gets all slushy. Yum yum.

13. PositiveBetty

and do you then pour the packet into that and blend?

14. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    No, I do it all at the same time. Water, Mix, Ics and whatever else I add (coffe, flavourings, etc) :)

15. Donnalou86

Diet:
    Cambridge
    oo this sounds lovely mint choc ice cream, will have to give that one a go

16. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    my blender has an "ice crusher" feature.. just press a button.. and there it goes..

x x

17. mikey

mikey Silver Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    One of my fellow ll group members suggested adding some st Clements mix to a vanilla shake.

I did so and it was nice tasted like an orange & lemon cheescake - of course I had it with ice and zapped it in the blender to make ice cream. I added too much St cements so it was a bit OTT - will try with a 1/4 teaspoon next time.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. mikey

mikey Silver Member

Diet:
    LighterLife

I'd like one of thse - I used a hand blender first (they are selling a cheapie at Tesco for less than £4 I think) but I think I have killed it it does not do such a good job now so might buy another cheapie. Since then I have used a jug blender - I think those are also on sale in Tesco for about £8 or so.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.