• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Choc Mint

I haven't plucked up the courage to try anything like the crisps or muffin yet tho as I know I'll make a complete mess.

Donnalou86

Striving for slimness
I tried making the choc mint but thought it tasted a bit too herbal cos of the tea and not minty enough. Was ok though, I made the choc muffin today which was good

x-Katie-x

Gold Member
S: 17st7lb C: 11st6lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 29.6 Loss: 6st1lb(34.69%)
I've never tried the choc mint yet - I'll get round to giving it a go one day.

mikey

Silver Member
I tried making the choc mint but thought it tasted a bit too herbal cos of the tea and not minty enough. Was ok though, I made the choc muffin today which was good
I have used the Tetley Peppermint Punch teabags - these are 100% peppermint leaf, and in the chocolate shake tastes great and certainly no herbal taste - perhaps you have a teabag that is not pure mint?

I make the tea with 1 teabag and 150ml water with 2 sweetners (I haven't tried it without the sweetner yet) and leave the teabag in until the tea has cooled. I then blend it with the chocolate shake mix and 7 ice cubes to get after eight ice cream - damn nice - I had one last night whilst watching TV.

this may be a stupid question but how do you crush the ice...I've tried it in the blender but it all stuck in the bottom.

Donnalou86

Striving for slimness
I have used the Tetley Peppermint Punch teabags - these are 100% peppermint leaf, and in the chocolate shake tastes great and certainly no herbal taste - perhaps you have a teabag that is not pure mint?

I make the tea with 1 teabag and 150ml water with 2 sweetners (I haven't tried it without the sweetner yet) and leave the teabag in until the tea has cooled. I then blend it with the chocolate shake mix and 7 ice cubes to get after eight ice cream - damn nice - I had one last night whilst watching TV.

eee thanks loads mikey!! Will try those tea bags instead! I didn't use sweetner eaither so that might help. Will try that and let you know...I'm all excited now cos I did think it would be nice without the herbal-y taste, and the ice cream thing sounds amazing!!

Kitteh

Resident geek
just use an ice crusher to crush ice.. mine turns it into snow.. hehe.. and i have to stop myself eating the snow.. i think my childhood thing kicks in when i see it.. lol

x x

is there such a thing as an ice crusher...what one do you use?

and do you then pour the packet into that and blend?

mikey

Silver Member
One of my fellow ll group members suggested adding some st Clements mix to a vanilla shake.

I did so and it was nice tasted like an orange & lemon cheescake - of course I had it with ice and zapped it in the blender to make ice cream. I added too much St cements so it was a bit OTT - will try with a 1/4 teaspoon next time.

mikey

Silver Member
is there such a thing as an ice crusher...what one do you use?

I'd like one of thse - I used a hand blender first (they are selling a cheapie at Tesco for less than £4 I think) but I think I have killed it it does not do such a good job now so might buy another cheapie. Since then I have used a jug blender - I think those are also on sale in Tesco for about £8 or so.