Attack Choc mousse

mrsMLyons

K so someone in work told me that there are chocolate mousses in tesco that are 1% fat. However I don't know what the other rules are regarding sugar contents etc, could someone please enlighten me x

The rule is basically nothing with added sugar or starch.

The best way to avoid added sugar is to make everything yourself, from scratch.

The mousses you mention contain 18% sugar - that almost 5 teaspoons of pure white sugar in every pot.

That will a.) stop the very process that makes the dukan diet work at all (ketosis) b.) make you ravenously hungry by causing a huge spike in level if insulin in your blood and c.) get converted into fat.

Wow, thanks for that Atropos - that makes it really clear!

Quark, sweetener and reduced fat cocoa powder (make sure its the right one!) will make you a lovely chocolate mousse MrsMLyons

Hi, I was wondering what brands of cocoa are ok, because the dukan website one is too expensive :)

Have access to most of the normal shops in the uk i.e supermarkets and holland and barrett :)

So, does that mean as long as the jello/pudding/mousses are Sugar Free AND Fat Free, they will be ok?

In theory - but be very careful

- look for total carbohydrate as well as sugar, as plenty of products have starch to give them texture.

- "no added sugar" or "natural sugar only" or "fruit sugar only" products can still be very very high in sugar.

- learn the names of of the different kinds of sugar = fructose, dextrose, glucose, lactose, sucrose - its very easy to miss one in a list.

That's why the best advice is stick to the plain ingredients and make your own deserts.

It all sounds too complicated i havent time to read the labels so for me id rather not bother

Me too - its less faff to mix 0% greek yogurt and a sachet of splenda than to waste time in the supermarket squinting at teeny-tiny labels and trying to do sums in my head.

None of the cocoa is okay for attack.

Apparently the tesco basics one is low fat, and so okay on cruise as a tolerated item, but to me its just a mythical item.

I do think that trying to make things easier for yourself by looking for extra foods that 'might' be allowed, is infact a futile exercise, as it actually makes the diet a hundred times more difficult.

It's so simple if you just keep to the black and white rules. No fretting, weighing, measuring, checking portion sizes and label contents necessary.

I've decided that 'tolerated' foods are something that I will look forward to, and enjoy, when I know I am officially allowed them. I know not everyone is the same, but it has made life, and the diet, easier for me.

I do think that trying to make things easier for yourself by looking for extra foods that 'might' be allowed, is infact a futile exercise, as it actually makes the diet a hundred times more difficult.

It's so simple if you just keep to the black and white rules. No fretting, weighing, measuring, checking portion sizes and label contents necessary.

I've decided that 'tolerated' foods are something that I will look forward to, and enjoy, when I know I am officially allowed them. I know not everyone is the same, but it has made life, and the diet, easier for me.

Good grief, that sounded so pious and self-righteous, sorry! <slaps self>

Whesht - I totally agree with you, so that makes me pious too!

The title of this post is "attack choc mouse" and no chocolate (but flavouring) would be ok in attack anyway.

In cruise, if one can find the sugar free, lowest possible fat one, one teaspoon only is allowed per day as a tolerated food. Tolerated foods can and usually do slow down our weight loss, so they're great to keep up your sleeve for "one of those days". But if you use and abuse at the outset, you'll have nothing else to bring out later!

The long and short of it also is that, for most of us, soonest onto Conso (and reintroduce the missing food groups) the better.

Back