choc orange jaffa cakes....

misscooks

So, seeing as we couldnt cook a roast today (not for ourselves anyhow , but did a mini one for DS!) my DH and I experimented with the choc oranage pack and made jaffa cakes!

Mix up the pack into a paste, put onto baking parchment as you would to make crisps, but add a little more, so its a bigger dollop. I did 3 at a time for for 80 seconds in an 800 watt, so they were still chewey on the inside, then spread a little of the paste on top, and there you have CD jaffas! I got 8 out the pack, maryland cookie size. Suppose you could get more depending on how much topping you put on. Not quite the real thing, but really, really nice.

Dont know if anyone has thought of it already, havent seen it posted, but just thought I would share as DH is having a tough time today, and needed a sun afternoon treat with his coffee.

ooh i think i'll have to give these ago in a bit, just cooked my hubby a lovely roast and have come into a different room while he is eating it, im feeling hungry today :(

Sounds good.

I am actually just drinking my first ever choc orange pack. Nice but wasn't so sure the first few sips.

It's the only one I have as it's the sample my CDC had - she hasn't tried it or ordered any because she didn't like the sound of it, FFS!

She hasn't told anyone about it but I know because of coming on here and asked her if she had any.

She's 80 and said "darn internet, there's no secrets anymore is there" lol!!! :D

the aftertaste is a bit strange as a shake, tastes great drinking it, but kind of gets the back of your throat afterwards I find. I love it as a mouse though.

Hi:)
How do you make a mousse? I just attempted to follow the muffin recipe and it came out jus like it would if I made it as a drink lol :S ugggh

I had the choc orange as a mousse today... it was quite nice but left an after taste right at the back of your throat - very strange..!

Was nice though..

I prefer the sound of Jaffa Cakes though

H x

Back