Chocolate cheesecake -serves 6
2 eggs, separated
4 heaped tbsp quark cheese
200gr (7oz) low fat cottage cheese
300gr (10.5oz) fat-free cream cheese
2tbsp cornflour
8tbsp artificial sweetener
2tbsp low-fat cocoa powder

Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celcius/325 degrees Fahrenheit/gas 3. Combine all ingredients, except egg whites and cornflour, in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric blender until smooth, thick and silky. Beat the mixture until the cottage cheese texture is smooth. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites untill stiff, ten beat in the cornflour. Slowly fold this mixture into the large bowl until combined. Transfer to a baking dish and bake for about 40 mins or until risen and golden brown (a bit difficult to see though as it is chocolate lol). Cool in fridge, then serve.

Enjoy! :)

There are a few problems with this recipe. First, it's not ok for attack as it contains tolerated items.

Second, it contains too many tolerated items to be a "serve 6" (and most of us would down it in one no doubt!).

I'll put them in red, and people can make their own choices:

Chocolate cheesecake -serves 6
2 eggs, separated
4 heaped tbsp quark cheese
200gr (7oz) low fat cottage cheese
300gr (10.5oz) fat-free cream cheese (Philly extra lite is 30g per day = 1 tolerated. So there are 10 tolerated here.
(Unless you know a "fat free" brand???)
2tbsp cornflour = 1 tbsp per day = 1 tolerated. So there are 2 tolerated here.
8tbsp artificial sweetener
2tbsp low-fat cocoa powder = 1 TEASPOON per day = 1 tolerated. So there are 6 tolerated here.

Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celcius/325 degrees Fahrenheit/gas 3. Combine all ingredients, except egg whites and cornflour, in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric blender until smooth, thick and silky. Beat the mixture until the cottage cheese texture is smooth. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites untill stiff, ten beat in the cornflour. Slowly fold this mixture into the large bowl until combined. Transfer to a baking dish and bake for about 40 mins or until risen and golden brown (a bit difficult to see though as it is chocolate lol). Cool in fridge, then serve.

Enjoy! :)

Sorry!
<running to hide now>

No worries Jo, I guess it's up to people to make the portions smaller so that you can make it 10 :)

Swapping out the chocolate for coffee or cinnamon would immediately drop the "tolerated" by 6 to 12.

It would be worth experimenting with firm quark to see if you can replace the cream-cheese - which would drop it by another 10.

Thanks for the tip Atropos, I'm defo gonna give that a try :)

Let us know how you get on... cos this recipe is appearing everywhere now! grrrr

Will do! Might make the cheese cake on Sunday. Just a quick question about the "firm quark" you mention, I presume that's the same as the virtually fat free quark I already use? One thing is very confusing for me though, as both Philadelphia and quark are low fat cream cheeses, so why is it ok to use more quark but not Philadelphia? Hope you can help me here :) x

Hi Miriam,

check the quark - it should be fat free (or 0,1%), so it's unlimited within the dairy allowance while the Philly extra light will have 4 or 5% fat which means its'a tolerated item and you should not have more than 2TB as it could affect your losses.

By 'firm' we mean of a 'spreading with a knife' consistency like Philly - ASDA sell Goldenacre Brand and TESCO have their own brand Quark in a square tub. Sainsbury have one that is more for 'spooning' like fromage frais.

I have posted a (non-choc) cheesecake recipe somewhere in this forum that uses no tolerateds and I regularly indulge ;-) YUM

Thanks Anja, the ASDA one's the one I use a lot. Did you know that in Holland a cheesecake is not made with cheese, but with quark? My hubby's always going on that he wants a quark cake lol
Will definitely give your recipe a go sometime.

Yes, same in Germany where I come from - but it is still called Käsekuchen ie cheesecake. And quark exists in several fat variations, not only the fat-free we get here in the UK....

Oh, the great words of our languages lol
I love the ff quark, it tastes really nice and doesn't leave a bad aftertaste.

Back