Chocolate brownie!

MiniMoosh

Mooshing back
Oh ok, I suppose it isn't perfect but I just tried with a choc shake!

I mixed the powder with about 4 tsp of water, shaped into a cookie shape then put it in the microwave for 30 secs. I didn't want to cook it for longer, don't want to kill the vitamins! It came out warm and stretchy, like dough. Not hard as a cookie, softer more like a brownie. It was lovely! Really, really nice change. I think I may do it again, probably not more than once a day though.

Now I need to wait for tomorrow so I can try other flavours. Wonder what crispy choc shake would come out like?

Oh and I drank a glass of water before so it wasn't too concentrated, and will add an extra glass of water to my day to make up for water lost in the shake. Keeping on plan!

I will so be trying this out later!

Crispy choc brownie sounds good :)

You've all got incredibly more patience (and concocting skills) than me! I'm only in the kitchen to prepare soups or shakes. Maybe I'll get adventurous as time goes on!

Sounds tempting but at mo I don't want to trigger off eating and then head first into cupboards.

I just tried this and it was nice. Soft and chewy :)

I just tried with the crispy shake but didn't go as well, it didn't 'set' even after 30 secs in microwave. Nice though, well, nicer than the shake! I think the crispy one is a different company or something, different packaging and taste to the regular choc shake. And smelt different when I was making it.

Oh well, I'll keep experimenting! Next- the brownie made with the caramel and vanilla shakes, then onto the soup. There's a 'crisps' recipe on on of the other VLCD forums, where you make it really thick then spoon it onto a plate and zap. See how that goes!

I think I preferred it soft and chewy rather than hard and crispy. I may try the oatmeal one next weekend (can't be faffed with things like that during the week when I'm working :))

I need to slow down on the oatmeal ones- I only ordered 7 as I hated the porridge but wanted to try the cookie! I could have one a day! I find it easier to do the cookie than faff around doing a shake!

Just made a cinnamon oatmeal cookie, blended a vanilla shake with coffee(warmed that in the microwave) and sat down to enjoy......blissssssssssssss!

Hmm, but it was more than my creative juices flowing after the brownie! I was bloody starving (hadn't been beforehand) and craving my lunchtime bar. I'm not sure why I was so hungry after having it but I was, and I never am after the shakes. May try it again another day and if I feel the same I'll need to lay off them as I've been more obsessed with food today than most, and the brownie was the only thing I had different.

Oh dear! I was ok after it, no problems. It is a bit moreish perhaps! It was a bit bad having fingers that smelt of choc, even after a handwash!

Might just have been one of those days for me - I get them like everyone else :). Anyway, I did go off plan slightly this afternoon and had 4 cherry tomatoes and a small slice of cheese. Wish I hadn't but I have and I feel fine now. I really try not to snack on things I shouldn't too often but occasionally I can't help it and it just happens. I absolutely DO NOT EVER snack on anything that would take me out of ketosis tho so avoid carbs like the plague. Even off plan things are carefully thought through. Previously (pre diet) I would have gone to the cupboard and demolished a packet of biscuits so far better than that! :)

Sounds tempting but at mo I don't want to trigger off eating and then head first into cupboards.

You'd be safe in my cupboards Lots2lose as there's literally nothing edible in them! Well, that's not strictly true, there's salt, vinegar, pepper - not going to binge on any of those. See I couldn't trust myself in the beginning, so I literally used up everything except basic condiments and gave anything else edible away before Day 1. I know myself too well, even a can of tuna in brine would have been singing to me within hours!Even the freezer. I make my own dog food (don't ask!) so that is all that's in there and unless I have a brain transplant, I'm not about to defrost giblets, although my woofers main diet of rice, chicken and vegs looked a possibility by Day 3, so I've since added giblets to that mix too. So staggering around in my kitchen determined to cheat would get me a quick salt and vinegar fix and nowt else :D!!!

Well, you've done it now BG and it wasn't that big a deal. You're back on plan now and that's not going to cause any big aftershocks. There have been a lot of detailed recipes listed recently, maybe that's taken its toll? I don't know, I'm actually really enjoying these and strangely enough, able to watch cookery progs on TV which I couldn't do in the first few weeks. Sometimes we just have to have a break and that's ok too! Now, tell me slowly and carefully, exactly how delicious were those tomatoes...spare me no detail :)

They were nice tomatoes. Cherry on the vine and lush. To be honest I could have had some chicken and cucumber and that would have been on plan but it was one of those days. I've had my fix now tho :), Don't suppose the calories were mega (ok so the cheese was probably not the best) so hope it doesn't impact me too much :). Cheesegate it was not ;)

Just tried this Brownie recipie... It tastes more like a brownie than some real brownies I've tried! It was warm and chewy and squishy and just mmmm :D

I struggle swapping meals for the shakes because I feel like I'm trying to function on essentially just water, and had just been using the meals and bars, which meant the shakes I'd ordered were going to waste... Not anymore!

Thanks for the recipe!

Back