Extra Easy Chocolate cravings!!

Hi guys, I've been doing Slimming World since Feb but recently have had major chocolate cravings, the problem is when I want chocolate I want a LOT not just a bit... Anybody had the same problem or got any tips to help me?
Much appreciated, thanks!

Eek, only 3 bits of advice I can give and I'm not sure how helpful any of them are!

1.If you can't trust yourself to spend syns on chocolate without going over then don't buy any. Maybe it would be easier to completely cut it out....rather than just having a little taste and then being like a chocolate monster lol!

2. Only buy in small amounts of chocolate, maybe keep 3 freddo's in the house? Then when they're done, buy 3 more. Don't keep more in than what your syns will allow.

3. Portion the chocolate, at the start of each week divide chocolate treats up in to freezer bags of however many syns you choose to have and use them to ration your chocolate intake for the week, hopefully it should discourage you from eating in to another days syns as it's clearly sectioned and would also leave you short on the next occasion.

Whatever you decide to do...good luck! Hope you can overcome it, I rarely have chocolate now as when I do I become a fiend!

I'm totally the same, I just go mad when I have a little bit so I'm wondering if having none at all is the best solution? Argh it's so annoying sometimes but I know it works :p

I'm the same lol, but what I do is empty 2 mini bags of chocolate fingers into a bowl. There's approx 7 fingers in each bag ( 6.5 syns per bag) so that's 14 fingers and I feel like I've had loads of chocolate but only 13syns

I'm like this, but with wine. I have to only allow my self 1 small bottle( a glass worth) each Tuesday after weigh in if I lose weight. If I had a full size bottle in I would drink that hence why I only have a little one. Oh and no i'm not a alchoholic Its only wine that I have this weekness with and it has to be a good dry white or red lol. But basically all I would say is avoid chocolate like the plague and have 1 evening where you allow your self a pre-bought amount. Don't buy it until the day.

Also put it in the freezer and break into little pieces so it takes longer to consume and you enjoy every mouthfull - I do that with curly wurlys and can make them last ages. Do you like the rocky road hi-fis? Could you use your HEB on them and have them for your choc kick?

I dont really have any chocolate anymore, well except my choc options and choc n fudge alpen lights every night. I think after a while the cravings subside, well thankfully they did with me. I know if I had one mouthful I would go down a road I would rather not travel down! :)

Have you tried eating dark chocolate? I used to hate it, but when I was following a low carb diet I discovered how completely delicious it actually is!

I like the Lindt 90% stuff and a couple of squares really kills the cravings - it's very difficult to eat too much of it as the best way to eat it is to allow small chunks to melt slowly on your tongue. A 25g serving (which is a couple of squares) comes out at 7.5 SYNS.

Alternatively I eat those Cadbury 1/2 fat light mousses (3 SYNS per pot)

I'm a total chocoholic I can flatten a box in one sitting!! I have crazy cravings but I find those big choc chip rice cakes do the trick and 3syns each wont use too many syns. :) x

i also love the chocolate mousses definately satisfy a choccy craving for me x

I have a Tesco near by and whenever I feel like I want some chocolate and its within my syns I walk there and buy one single bar. Last night I had a Daim bar (7.5 syns) and it felt sooo naughty! As soon as I finished it I was dying for another one as that's what I used to do before and it's hard to get out of that mindset, but by then the shop had shut and even if it was still open I doubt I would've gone back as I was in my pjs :D So that works for me, but I can see how that wouldn't be suitable for everyone if you don't live near any shops. I think the dark chocolate idea sounds good, maybe try that, or you'll have to just cut it out and make do with hot chocolate, which is also another of my cheats! Highlights hot chocolate sachets, 2 syns each.

Good luck!

Ooo thanks for all the tips guys! I ended up having a Options Hot choc and a small milkybar and that sorted it!

alphashallows thanks for the tip about Daim bars! Didn't know they were such low syns! :)

My 4 main choc fixes are daim bars, galaxy ripples (8.5 syns), curly wurlys (6? I think) and the treatsize crunchies (4), the crunchies really hit the spot!!

:eek: ripples are only 8.5 syns!!! I need to get me some I've been craving galaxy for ages :D

Galaxy is my fave chocolate too - When I was in Asda on Saturday, because they were on offer, I bought crunchies (9syns) ripples (8 1/2) and curly wurlys(6)

I have had 1 crunchie whilst watching x factor on sat. If I lose this week I shall have a ripple. At one point I would have eaten them (just because they are there) now I save them for a treat and it makes me enjoy them more

I'm the same as the OP. I can't buy a multipack or a big bar and just have a bit. I avoid chocolate at most costs because I can't trust myself with it!! Plus the more I have, the more I want. I just have to break the cycle. If I need some desperately and can't resist, I'll buy a small bar of something, have a bit and make my boyfriend eat the rest!

Chocolate has always been my downfall and I would happily binge if I could. I have found saving 1/2 of my milk allowance and having a very milky highlights bournville hot chocolate (2 syns) curbs my craving in the evening. I also make sure I have 3 syns left for a Rocky road hifi bar.

i break 4 ryvitas into crumbs and i used a small pot of philly chocolate spread warmed up a bit and mix it all together and spoon into buncases and put them in the fridge, so delicious and only 4 and half syns if using your healthy extra b.

Back