tiamaria0405

Found this on the bbcgoodfood website

Chocolate crunch bars recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

Ingredients

100g butter , roughly chopped
300g dark chocolate (such as Bournville), broken into squares
3 tbsp golden syrup
140g rich tea biscuits , roughly crushed
12 pink marshmallows , quartered (use scissors)
2 x 55g bars Turkish delight , halved and sliced (or use Maltesers, Milky Way or Crunchie bars)

Method

Gently melt the butter, chocolate and syrup in a pan over a low heat, stirring frequently until smooth, then cool for about 10 mins.
Stir the biscuits and sweets into the pan until well mixed, then pour into a 17cm square tin lined with foil and spread the mixture to roughly level it. Chill until hard, then cut into fingers.

Cut into 12

Nutrition
PER BAR
294 kcalories, protein 2g, carbohydrate 39g, fat 15 g, saturated fat 9g, fibre 0g, sugar 31g, salt 0.29 g

That's a LOT of calories O.O I eat 1200 a day, so that's about a quarter of my daily allowance.. I wouldn't really recommend it, although it does look nice tasting.

Plus it makes 12 bars.. I'd probably binge eat the lot.. >.<

Oh...i thought it was good defo for a treat

KatiePillow said:
That's a LOT of calories O.O I eat 1200 a day, so that's about a quarter of my daily allowance.. I wouldn't really recommend it, although it does look nice tasting.

Plus it makes 12 bars.. I'd probably binge eat the lot.. >.<

Thats exactly what i thought but didnt like to say lol.

I suppose maybe could substitute marshmallows for sugar free, butter for low fat spread and milky way would be less calories to use. Sounds yummy tho :)

Easier just to grab a freddo or a choc-fudge alpen light (really sweet and only 70 calories). I have treats like choc and crisps but try to make sure they're 100 cals or less. Nearly 300 cals for a snack is too much for me, my meals usually aren't much more.

Back