1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Chocolate orange coucous cake

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Mel2, 18 December 2009 Social URL.

1. Mel2

Mel2 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    slimming world
    I created this last night and it really is quite nice.

Put 1 cup of couscous in a bowl. Add 6 heaped teaspoons of dark chocolate highlights (3syns). Just cover with boiling water and stir well so the highlights dissolves. Leave covered until cooked and cooled completely.
    Add 2 eggs, a few drops of vanilla essence, 4 tablespoons of mullerlight (the orange ones are best - I used the orange with chocolate flakes, although vanilla would be fine). The zest and juice of a small orange(I haven't syned this as the amount in each slice is tiny and it would be so easy to just eat an orange which would be free!) and a good few tablespoons of sweetener to taste ( I like it very sweet so added a lot). Mix really well and pour into a frylighted loaf tin. Bake at 180 for about an hour until crusty on top. Turn out onto a cooling tray once done. Mine felt really soft and a bit wobbly when I took it out but it firmed up well once cooled.
    Would be lovely served with sweetened quark/FF greek yoghurt with orange zest through it and only about 0.5 syns per slice!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.