Chocolate Orange Cupcakes - less than 1 syn each...

Pickled Tink

Today I made some chocolate orange cupcakes, they work out at maximum a syn each. Here's what, when, how...

Makes 12 nommy cakies

3 eggs
4-5 tbspns sweetener
1 tspn orange extract
sachet Options chocolate orange (2 syns)
28g wholemeal SR flour (4.5 syns)

Separate eggs, whisk whites until standing stiff.
In another bowl whisk egg yolks, sweetener and orange extract.
Fold in approx. 1/4 of the whites to loosen the yolk mixture, then gradually add and fold in the flour/options mix.
Fold in the remaining egg whites and put in 12 cupcake cases.

Bake at 180 degrees (170 degrees in a fan assisted oven) for 10-12 minutes.
Leave to cool.

I mixed quark, sweetener, a drop of orange extract and yellow and red food colouring and piped this on as a topping. I then used a diddy Dr Oetker chocolate nobbly fing (I picked out all the orange ones!) to finish them off.
I don't know how many syns one of these chocolate nobblies is, but I doubt it's that much that it will mean the cakies are more than 1 syn each.

If you top them with quark they're best kept in the fridge - although they won't be around long enough in my house for me to worry that they'll go off!... lolz

Attachments

• IMG_0665.JPG
    IMG_0665.JPG
    253.2 KB · Views: 1,565
Thanks Sian... there's four left, I think that might be an odd number, perhaps I should go and make it a round number - like zero... lolz

In fact I think I will :)

Haha! My kind of thinking exactly! :D

wow..they look fab, think I might give these a try, thanks for sharing your recipe.:)

This looks great! What is the chocolate orange options sachet? Xxx

This looks great! What is the chocolate orange options sachet? Xxx

Hi Millie...

It's a wee sachet of chocolate orange (various other flavours are available) drink powder, but instead of drinking it, I add it to fromage frais to make a chocolate dessert or use it in a plain cake mix to add flavouring and colour. I've popped in a link to the Tesco site, that's where I got mine and they're on offer at 4 for £1...
Options Instant Chocolate And Orange Sachet 11G - Groceries - Tesco Groceries

:) xx

Thanks! I have just made them they taste really good but they have not risen and are welded onto the cake case, help please xx

Thanks! I have just made them they taste really good but they have not risen and are welded onto the cake case, help please xx

Oooh errr missus... I dunno why that might be. I used silicone cases and they popped right out. They did rise in the oven, like proper little souffles they were - and they also sunk a little when they came out.
Perhaps you could try silicone cake cases, and perhaps make sure the egg whites are whisked really well...

If you have another go, let me know how you get on... Best of luck getting them out, and if they don't come out whole, I always think the scrapings are the best bit!!

Making these now...can not wait to try and only six syns for the lot so I can have more that one, thanks for this recipe :)

Back