Chocolate scan bran cake

Slimjim1

Could someone please tell me the recipe for this cake, preferably without using golden syrup, also is this cake sin free?

Hi Slimjim, don't know if this will help, but in my old class i found thus recipe. It's called Curly Wurly Cake. You need :

6 scan bran
2 eggs, (1 egg, 1 egg white)
3-4 tbsps sweetener ( to taste)
1 sachet Options belgian choc
26g curly wurly (chocolate bar)

Soak scan bran in boiling water to soften (dont flood)
Drain and mash, beat the eggs and stir into the scan bran with the sweetener and belgian choc.
Chop the curly wurly into pieces and add to mix.
Pour the mixture into a microwavable loaf tin and cook on high for around 6 mins.
Cake should be springy and come away from the sides.

This cake is 14 syns
Serves 8 pieces = 1.5ish syns

Hope this helps, as it is really lovely!

Yes thats its proper name, and u get them from ur group or as ive read on here....Holland and Barratts.
They look like a crisp bread. They are not very nice on there own, but great for making low syn cakes.

Ahhh ok thanks for that, There are no groups where I live, but can get holland and barrat online, will look there, thanks :)

Hi just seen this recipe for curly wurly cake.. If you use your scan bran as a heb the cake would only have 8 syns wouldn't it..? Sounds lovely I'm oing to have to make this x

cheeksie said:
Hi just seen this recipe for curly wurly cake.. If you use your scan bran as a heb the cake would only have 8 syns wouldn't it..? Sounds lovely I'm oing to have to make this x

In theory yes, but you'd have to eat the whole cake to take the Scan Bran as a healthy extra, and... I think that would give you tummy ache..... I'd stick to one, maybe two low syn bits and syn it :p

Ps - highly recommended, I <3 this cake!

In theory yes, but you'd have to eat the whole cake to take the Scan Bran as a healthy extra, and... I think that would give you tummy ache..... I'd stick to one, maybe two low syn bits and syn it :p

Ps - highly recommended, I <3 this cake!
I was thinking of taking it to class to share on the last Thursday in the month. Give the recipe to the others that want it.

This recipe is lovely, but i did adapt it to suit me. The original recipe calls for 4 Scan bran, but it wasnt enough for me, as i have a very sweet tooth! So i guess u can mess around with it.

Back