Christmas and New Year

Dave.

So how are you all planning on spending yours in regards to food?

I've mentioned this on my personal thread but wondered how everyone else was treating it?

For me, everything will be to plan other than on Christmas Day for my main meal I will be having a pie, something which is over 15 syns itself. It was one of my favourite foods before SW. As a treat I wanted to find the steak and cheddar pie I had a couple of years ago and loved.

New Years Eve we've said we'll be having a takeaway pizza meal, again something I've not had since starting SW which was a regular for me.

No treats other than that though. A house full of pringles, yule log, alcohol, tins of celebrations etc and I'm aiming to resist all. I know a few people on SW and they're all having a 1-2 week holiday from it!

So what are you doing? Sticking to plan throughout? Being relatively good with a few festive treats or going full on blow out?

FIL sent two hampers to me. Bad mistake. Yesterday I ate 4 mince pies and half a small Christmas cake. Tonight I've started on the biscuits. :classic_roll_eyes:

Attachments

• 20181217_202238[1].jpg
    20181217_202238[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
I'm lucky as I don't need someone to tell me I need to cut out this or that. Or pay to weigh.

But if you need someone watching over you I would go to class. That way you shouldn't stray.;)

You have done the right thing. Now I don't want to hear any excuses to not attend the class. :)

I'm expecting good results from you in 2019.:classic_big_grin:

It was very quite up there when I went. But an hour later went out for a walk with family and it's very busy. Roads are blocked with idiot drivers..:classic_roll_eyes:

For me, everything will be to plan other than on Christmas Day for my main meal I will be having a pie, something which is over 15 syns itself.
New Years Eve we've said we'll be having a takeaway pizza meal, again something I've not had since starting SW which was a regular for me.

No treats other than that though. A house full of pringles, yule log, alcohol, tins of celebrations etc and I'm aiming to resist all.

:character00254:

So I'm full of crap! I could not resist.

We had pizza hut on Christmas Eve rather than New Years Eve and I had 8 bottles of cider (my first alcohol for 6 months). That is my biggest regret. My taste buds went to crap, my hangover was horrible, I really struggled the next two days.

I then managed to get out on the bike two days later and work some of it off!

Christmas Day I had syn free wedges and parsnips with veg and the pie I had planned. I also had stuffing and pigs in blankets which I wasn't planning on. I then had yule log and ice cream. I've since had another Christmas Dinner over my parents and more yule log and ice cream, mince pie, pringles, wispa, mini cheddars. The list goes on. I have properly blown out.

I have weighed myself this morning and I am 0.6lbs up from last week which I am very happy about considering the beating my body has taken. Unfortunately the day before weigh in is tomorrow and I have my third family christmas dinner!

Should be getting out on the bike today with a 15 mile aim. I really struggled on Monday on the bike after the alcohol, haven't sweat so much in a long time!

No good looking back at what you ate. What you do from now on is what matters. :)

I did a 22 mile ride and followed it up with crisps and biscuits. I've lost the plot this week but it's not done me too bad thankfully. I just need to get the mentality back for next week, hopefully the cycling to work will help with that!

If my wife buys another yule log she's being kicked out the house!

Back