Christmas Countdown!!!!

honey74

The Original Honey!!!
AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Is anyone elses C talking about Christmas Countdown yet?

The last thing I want to think about in the middle of July is Christmas.

I can see why she's talking about it...in weight loss terms but I hate the way the Christmas countdown seems to be getting earlier and earlier each year.

So far i've seen Christmas cards, decs and paper already for sale in the shops and Christmas films and programs on the TV!! Last year, the shops at least waited until early September, until all the "back to school" promos were over.

Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, just not having the build up to it in the middle of summer.

Is this just me or anyone else feel the same?

xxx

Eek! I started a 6 month Countdown to Christmas challenge on here in June! I certainly don't want to wish my life away but there's a fair few of us on it who are enjoying the longer term aim xxx

Eek! I started a 6 month Countdown to Christmas challenge on here in June! I certainly don't want to wish my life away but there's a fair few of us on it who are enjoying the longer term aim xxx

It's not the s/w countdown that's got to me...I fully understand the need for that.

It's the shops already cashing in on it in July!!! It just baffles me a bit...lol

xxx

I understand it from the slimming/weightloss point of view. Especially as most people will want to buy new outfits for the Christmas party time ;)
But I do agree that the shops and marketing side of it is insane. It really depresses me at times and I think they take the fun out of Christmas at times. What's wrong with us just having the final month or two build up?
Yeah, ok, I buy Christmas presents all year round. But I would like the big build up to start after Halloween/Bonfire night and for us to really enjoy it!
I usually go to York with my Mum for their St Nicholas' fayre and that's when our Christmas countdown starts :D

Going to stop rambling now :p

xmas party

hiya, i work in a charity shop and they are having a xmas party and they wanted names and money last week, they also said we can have a 25%discount on all party wear.

Unfortunately in the commercially driven society we now live in, retailers want to cash in fast and early. I do agree though that seeing Christmas Trees (yes, in John Lewis in Cardiff yesterday) is a tad too much for July! xxx

Back