Christmas Countdown!!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by honey74, 18 July 2010 Social URL.

1. honey74

honey74 The Original Honey!!!

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(16.57%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Is anyone elses C talking about Christmas Countdown yet?

The last thing I want to think about in the middle of July is Christmas.

I can see why she's talking about it...in weight loss terms but I hate the way the Christmas countdown seems to be getting earlier and earlier each year.

So far i've seen Christmas cards, decs and paper already for sale in the shops and Christmas films and programs on the TV!! Last year, the shops at least waited until early September, until all the "back to school" promos were over.

Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, just not having the build up to it in the middle of summer.

Is this just me or anyone else feel the same?

xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.33%)
    Eek! I started a 6 month Countdown to Christmas challenge on here in June! I certainly don't want to wish my life away but there's a fair few of us on it who are enjoying the longer term aim xxx

4. honey74

honey74 The Original Honey!!!

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(16.57%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's not the s/w countdown that's got to me...I fully understand the need for that.

It's the shops already cashing in on it in July!!! It just baffles me a bit...lol

xxx

5. cheekychinchilla

cheekychinchilla Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I understand it from the slimming/weightloss point of view. Especially as most people will want to buy new outfits for the Christmas party time ;)
    But I do agree that the shops and marketing side of it is insane. It really depresses me at times and I think they take the fun out of Christmas at times. What's wrong with us just having the final month or two build up?
    Yeah, ok, I buy Christmas presents all year round. But I would like the big build up to start after Halloween/Bonfire night and for us to really enjoy it!
    I usually go to York with my Mum for their St Nicholas' fayre and that's when our Christmas countdown starts :D

Going to stop rambling now :p

6. thelandlady

thelandlady Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(17.48%)
    Diet:
    slimmingworld
    xmas party

hiya, i work in a charity shop and they are having a xmas party and they wanted names and money last week, they also said we can have a 25%discount on all party wear.

7. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.33%)
    Unfortunately in the commercially driven society we now live in, retailers want to cash in fast and early. I do agree though that seeing Christmas Trees (yes, in John Lewis in Cardiff yesterday) is a tad too much for July! xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.