Christmas Day Leftovers

Happy Holidays

Gold Member
Last year, for OH, DS, DD & MiL I made pasties with the leftovers, they smelt & looked delicious, they're having the same again this year, it could be the start of a tradition!!! They were easy to make, just roll out puff pastry & add any chopped up leftovers with a little bit of gravy & bake in the over.

Me being a good girl :rolleyes: had a stir fry with my leftovers.

What I'm after is any meal ideas for leftovers, I don't want my stirfry as a tradition.

What about a turkey risotto? Or you could make a couple of those pasties for yourself filo pastry is not high in syns and you could put some left over veg in it

What about making your own "pasty". I know some people stuff a Weight Watchers wholemeal pitta and then bake that. Apparently it is a good substitute! It could be worth a try :)

I like the idea of the filo ones, you could do mini pies, think a sheet is 6 Syns, so if you made 3 per sheet that would only be 2 Syns, which doesn't seem that bad! or depending what you've got left, a christmassy soup (think Pete had one in his recipe book)

It's Xmas have a pasty.:)

:eek: but there's chocolate to eat as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the idea of the filo ones, you could do mini pies, think a sheet is 6 Syns, so if you made 3 per sheet that would only be 2 Syns, which doesn't seem that bad! or depending what you've got left, a christmassy soup (think Pete had one in his recipe book)

Hmmmmmmmm, I could try filo ones, Christmassy soup sounds nice, I'll take a look in Pete's recipe book.

What are these "left overs" of which you speak?

Left overs..... ..... Hmmm nope not in our house!!

(And I've the cheek to wonder how I gained weight?!?!) ;)

I'll be making everything on cheap serving platters, so leftovers will be thrown into my friends hands with a "Here, have food, take it home!" Hoping that'll stop me eating it all the next day!

I'll be making everything on cheap serving platters, so leftovers will be thrown into my friends hands with a "Here, have food, take it home!" Hoping that'll stop me eating it all the next day!

My mum does that to our lot! Everyone leaves with a tin foil parcel / doggy bag and a bowl of various desserts scooped into one big mess

I've always loved Turkey Curry with Christmas leftovers :) We're going out this year though, so no leftovers (and less control over what's on offer :()

I made mashed potato veg turkey gammon all mixed up and dollop on an oven tray and baked one year, they went down a treat. Sort of bubble squeak type thing!

Here is my soup.
You could substitute your left over meat instead of buying any! Merry Christmas.
Pete

Pete’s Christmas Soup

Serves 4

Ingredients

Morrison’s British turkey thigh, diced. (ff) 325g
4 smoked bacon rashers, all fat removed (ff)
2 Sainsbury “be good to yourself” extra lean Cumberland sausage (ff) (0.5 syn each)
2ltr of Knorr chicken stock pot
Cupful of frozen peas (ss)(ff)
2 potatoes, peeled (ff)
2 medium onions (s)(sff)
2 cloves of garlic (sff)
2 carrots (s)(sff)
1 parsnip
Dried sage
Small box of stuffing mix (optional) Sainsbury’s “Basic Stuffing” made as directed and shaped into 24 little little balls, oven cooked for about 20 mins. (0.45syns each)
Dash of Worcester sauce

Method
Put the turkey meat in a saucepan, cover in chicken stock, keep the rest of the stock, and cook until the meat falls apart, remove and allow to cool, then shred the meat, set to one side.
Cut the sausage open and remove the meat, roll into small sausages and wrap with a small piece of the bacon (makes 8 pigs in blankets 0.5 syn per person) cook in the oven with the stuffing balls, for about 20 mins until cooked & browned.

Lightly fry the rough chopped onions, & cloves in a large soup pan. Add the stock, dried sage and peeled roughly chopped potatoes. Peel and chop the carrots & parsnip into small pieces, Leave to simmer for 25 mins until the vegetables are soft then blitz with the hand blender to make a rustic soup base. Season with Worcester Sauce, salt and pepper.

Add the turkey and peas to the soup base & simmer for 20 minutes. Plate up & place the stuffing balls & pigs in blankets on the top of the soup.

Christmas Soup (Small).JPG

Back