Christmas diet

blue*smartie

Blue Rulz
So, how is everyone going to manage slimming world and Christmas/new year?

Are you going to stick with it, flexi-syn on certain days, declare yourself off the wagon for a set time period?

I'm going to try mindful eating on Christmas eve, Christmas day and boxing day and new years eve/day and do my best to stick to the plan on all the other days.

I'm going to allow myself anything (within reason) Bailey's? Don't mind if I do! But with lots of ice first so I don't glug away with the bottle filling my glass to the top and then trying to squeeze an ice cube in. Yes to chocs, but as they are passed around, I don't need to be sat there with the tin on my lap leaving me virtually buried under a mountain of sweetie wrappers. Yes to roasties and pigs in blankets, but no, I don't need 27 of each on my plate.

Hopefully it will work...

I'm aiming to go flexi syn/off plan for the 24th, 25th and 26th and stick to plan the rest of the time. I'm already doing better than usual as OH and I would normally have a house full of bottles of Baileys and tins of chocolate by now most years.

Not only healthier this way but we're probably going to save a ton of money too! :p

Oh I know that feeling, last year I think I had already eaten most of the goodies, and had to re-buy taste testing you see...

I'm away at the in-laws this year from 24th to 26th so staying on plan should be fairly easy as I'm not overly comfortable eating in front of other people, especially in their homes so I'll probably just spend my time saying 'no thank you' to all the goodies being passed around.

After that though I've got a friend staying with me and we'll no doubt be drinking a fair amount so that's where my problem lies. However, I'll be doing all the cooking and I'm having other friends over one night who are also trying to lose weight so hopefully I can keep the drink to a minimum and just make free or low-syn foods for dinner.

That's what I'm aiming for but best laid plans and all... :)

Hubby and I are both doing sw together and are planning on a relatively sw friendly Xmas. It can totally be done. Last year I wasn't doing SW, but I didn't go mad at Christmas and stayed the same weight over the Christmas period as a result. There's so much stuff people buy and eat needlessly just 'because it's Christmas' and last year it really refreshing to realise that I didn't need it all to make Christmas special.

I'm not a big drinker, so don't have to worry about that. We've talked about maybe getting some baileys or a bottle of wine to have a drink Xmas eve. For breakfast we usually do a big fry up, so can fit that into plan easy enough. The dinner is just a roast dinner really with some trimmings, so again there's a way to make that sw friendly. We just need to decide on a pudding really. We'll be busy visiting family later in the day, so will probably have some sweets when they're passed around. I think the real test will be once the kids are in bed and we can relax, maybe with some sweets.

I'm also back in work on the 28th working evenings right through until new years day, so I reckon after the Xmas bank holidays I'll be fine!

I'm tackling December by having 1 of my meals every day as soup! (Other than Christmas Day itself) that way I immediately cut down any overeating I will end up doing!

Oooh, I like the idea of a daily soup. I was going to do a soup challenge this week. But I might change that for Xmas week instead

This year I plan to only give myself xmas day off plan. I'm going to my mums who always cooks far too much food and will cook a 3 course meal plus have loads of goodies lying around, I just know I won't have the willpower to resist. lol. But at home I don't intend to buy any goodies or alcohol so have no real reason to go off plan. Unless people buy selection pack after selection pack for my kids, as they tend to do, might have to get my husband to hide the packets in the garage or something. lol

Back