Christmas Dinner -Skinny Minnie Style!

Trijian

I've been bribed into making Xmas dinner for my OH and his housemate this year, but looking for ideas to actually cook. Neither of them are particularly big on roasts so thought I'd try putting something a little different together.

Want to do 3 courses, or more if I'm feeling brave, but I need it so I don't have a massive diet blowout either.

Looking for any suggestions or recipes to start getting ideas together, as I have to send him the shopping list a few days before. As far as I'm aware there's no allergies to consider, just something along either a SW or low GI plan would be preferable. Doesn't gave to be anywhere near 'traditional' Christmas food, I'm open to ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Why not get the sw xmas book? It's very interesting.
Otherwise, for low cal, look at something spectacular like a fresh seafood platter - oysters, crabs, prawns, langoustines....... depends on your budget.

What about a terrine? Layered ham. Turkey, lamb. Whatever meat you fancy really, all chopped up and layered into a loaf tin that has been lined with bacon. It's sort of like a posh meat loaf but can be eaten hot or cold. You could serve it with hedgehog potatoes ( real name is hassleback potatoes but my kids called them hedgehog potatoes. Then either veg or a nice salad.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have a soup or salad for starters - next maybe steamed dim sims - then a protein dish with fresh veggies - then a slice of something yummy with fresh fruit??

Back