Christmas goal!!!!!

Claire1978

Hi everyone, well intro's first. I have been messing around with vlcd's a few times over the past five years, however after having my kids (2yrs and a 9month old) I feel finally in a place where I can achieve my goal :). Soo iv worked out I need to lose 6lb a week till Christmas (I am 19.5 and want to be 10 stone) I know it's no easy task but since I plan to work out I reckon it's achievable. I hope to get inspiration from all the lovely people who post on here and hopefully I can inspire people too!!

So here goes! I am on day 3 so 147 days to target!!!!!

Claire xx

Good luck Claire! Sounds like a nice target, imagine being in that little black dress for the holiday season!! 6lb a week sounds high but I'm sure you won't struggle with a winning attitude like this :D

Good luck but 6lbs is almost double the expected rate on a VLCD. Exercise doesn't usually make a great deal of difference in lbs on a VLCD but it'll get you nice and toned for that dress. It's very very unlikely you'll get 6lbs a week more than a few times. Set a nice realistic goal one that's definitely achievable. Just think by X,as you could be around 5 stones lighter. That would feel amazing :)

Thanks smidge! And starlight I understand totally what your saying, I know it seems I'm giving myself an unattainable target, I'm basing it on a few things
Success stories iv read on slimming world people losing 10-12 stone in a year (they are eating!!)
A lady on this website a few years ago who lost (on average) 6lb a week (she exercised daily)
That fat USA programme where they lose huge amounts weekly

Don't get me wrong if over the next month I'm 100% and exercising and the results just don't give me that loss then ill revise my target (definitely not giving up!!). When I'm 5 stone lighter ill be happy (although not finished!) at least I won't be morbidly obese!!

Thank you :)

Hi meks nice to hear from u!! Wow u have lost 50lbs that's great! I would say just don't give up, set ur mind on a new day to start. You have done a fantastic job already I can't wait till I have lost 50lb!! So don't be disheartened, dust yourself down and get back on the horse! I need some company ;) xxx

Hey Claire!!

I like your style.......... We're probs around the same sort of weight and I would love to have your optimism. So if you want to buddy up.......let's do it lol :clap:

I lost 9lbs on my first week and I weigh in on a Sunday so 2nd WI on 4th Aug.

How's it going with you?
x

Klucyp how u doin?!

Yeh definitely buddy up !! Don't know what that is but sounds like we do this together!! Count me in!!

Well I lost 13lb last week from last time if weighed myself but I was messing about (especially when it reached wine o clock :/ ) so started properly this week meaning to stick to it. I am really confident to do it, and if I do fall off one night I will be right back on it again, I'm not giving up!

Having one of those wobbly days where u really fancy something to eat but I cast that thought down when it pops up so I don't give it thought! Just had the pasta for tea and ordered the new ready meals to try over the weekend!

Just got to start working out now or ill never reach my 6lb a week target! Although taking the kids to Chester zoo on Saturday so walking round there is about a hundred miles haha :)

Hi Claire - good luck with Exante. I'd just echo Starlight about the rate of loss on a VLCD - I'm aiming for a stone and a half in the first month and a stone a month thereafter. I hope to be finished mid-October as I want three stone off in total before I return to my beloved Atkins.

Why am I here you ask? Left my beloved Atkins and had a year long affair with carbs, LOL! Just looking at my profile and it's exactly three years to the day since I joined minimins. I lost three stones on another VLCD and maintained that loss for two years, but a hectic 2013 has seen me regain it all. Actually I got complacent and thought I could cheat. Lesson learned. Anyway, as you can see, I post lots when dieting - helps distract me so I'll be seeing loads of you all! Must get ticker sorted - I completely forget how to do that.

Hi waterworks!! Beloved aitkens eh? I would love slimming world because I luuuurve carbs haha but exante is the best vlcd iv tried in terms of convenience and taste, plus I want to lose as quickly as possible with having so much to lose.

Will be updating progress although not too confident this week as its totm so not expecting a big loss this week :( but onwards n upwards!!

Good luck for your first weigh-in Claire, is it tomorrow? Bet it'll be mega, TOTM or not! If only we could keep losing at that rate, LOL. :rolleyes:

Hi waterworks! Not really my first cos I'd lost 13lb the week before (based on last time I'd weighed myself) but I'd been cheating (weekends) so this is my first actual weekend on ts!! Yehhh!!! Plus I went out to Chester zoo yesterday and didnt cheat so double whammy!! (My idea of a day out obviously includes nice meal afterwards ;) )

Thanks tho will update tomorrow :)

Very quiet this forum isn't it?

It has been quite quiet lately Claire, I agree! Good luck for tomorrow :) how did you handle walking round the zoo in the heat? I'm on week 12 now and I've really found myself getting weak especially walking around, I think my body needs a break but I've only 1 week to go anyway then I'm in refeed for 2 weeks in the lead up to my hols!! :D

I'm so envious smidge - I know from last time that the time will fly, but I so wish I was that close to finishing. Well done you for sticking it out - gives me hope.

You're right about the time flying! I can't believe it's been this long already. Some days tougher than others but generally it's been easy :) just hope I can keep it off now!!

Oh smidge lucky u!!! I'm not thinking how long I have to be on it I'm just taking everyday as it comes and today is a battler!
I was fine yesterday for the first five hours then I should have gone home! My son hadnt had his nap so he got very cranky at the end. My back was sooo sore lol I was very happy to be back in the car!

Lol I went to a car boot sale today and after just an hour I was glad to see the car so I could sit down!! I haven't done a food break week, I have had probably 2 meals and 2 lunches out the whole time as they were unavoidable. I wouldn't have had those if I could have missed them. And on those I was super good, only ketosis friendly even if I had to change the menu lol ;) I can be a bit of a nightmare when I'm "in the zone" !!

Hey don't make excuses for having your dedication that's fantastic!! Hope I maintain my dedication of the past week for the next 5 month yikes!

Just looked for an exercise bike on amazon, should I or shouldn't I .. With two small children and a full time job I think it might be a good investment for when the kids have gone to bed!!

5 months is a long time! I'm sure you will deserve and need a break at some point :)

I bought an exercise bike and it lasted about 3 months but that's coz I joined a gym so I wouldn't base your purchase on my experience lol ;)

Nooo that's what I want to do!! Both my kids are in nursery full time so I thought once iv lost a good few stone ill join the gym near work and the nursery, that way I can go straight to the gym after work and pick the kids up at 5 :) just need to get down to say a 16 first. Might sound daft to some people but iv only been fat the past 5 years so the thought of bumping into people like this gives me anxiety and panic!!

Back