Christmas party menu?!

Ranoir

Hi All

I'm in my second week of slimming world and have to chose my works Christmas dinner from the following menu. Any ideas what would be safest? The desserts all look pretty synful but reckon the beef or venison stew might be a good main and the salmon fishcakes for starter??

[h=5]~ SEASONAL STARTER ~
Corned Beef Terrine
Our home-made corned beef (10 days in the making) pressed & set with the cooking liquor in a terrine served with piccalilli vegetables & crisp bread[/h]Lancashire Cheese Tart (√)
Mrs Kirkham’s Lancashire cheese & leek tart served with a pickled walnut & raisin salad
Chop House Pâté
Coarse game & liver pâté served with crusty bread & winter fruit chutney
Smoked Fishcake
Breaded Scottish salmon fishcake served with tartare sauce & seasonal leaves
Scallops & Black Pudding
Seared Scottish scallops served with home-made black pudding & cauliflower purée
[h=5]~ MAIN COURSE ~[/h]The Traditional Turkey Dinner
Lincolnshire turkey breast, sprouts & chestnuts, glazed carrots, goose fat roast potatoes served with cranberry & chestnut stuffing, chipolatas wrapped in bacon & a jug of turkey gravy
Black Pea & Celeriac Hotpot (√)
Northumberland black pea & celeriac hotpot
Winter Pork Belly
Pork belly from Wilson’s Farm, Helmsley. Slowly braised then roasted & served with ham hock & white bean stew
Sea Bass
Pan-fried fillet of Welsh sea bass served with a spring onion potato cake, winter greens & herb fish cream
Slow-cooked Beef
Blade of beef from Mill Close Farm, Bedale, slowly braised & served with horseradish mash, curly kale & crispy bacon
Goosnargh Duck
Roast Goosnargh duck breast & confit duck leg served with crushed garlic potatoes & spiced cranberry braised red cabbage & a red wine jus
Venison Stew with Dumplings
Venison, carrot, swede, & celery cooked in a red wine & chocolate sauce, served with light home-made herbed dumplings
[h=5]~ VERY SEASONAL SWEETS ~[/h]Traditional Christmas Pudding & Rum Sauce
No further explanation needed!
White Chocolate Cheesecake
Served with caramelised pears & walnuts
Lemon Posset
Set lemon cream served with ginger snap biscuits & tea-soaked prunes
Mincemeat Bakewell
Festive Chop House classic dish, mincemeat Bakewell tart, served with a brandy butter ice cream
A Selection of the Finest British Cheeses
Served with home-made winter chutney, grapes, celery & biscuits

Are you planning on saving any syns for the evening, will you be having drinks as well, will you flexi syn or keeping within syns (not going to be easy)

Yep I'd go for fishcakes to start & either turkey without stuffing & gravy, sea bass without herb fish cream, slow cooked beef, duck or venison without dumplings.

Crikey what would be best for dessert, I'd have dessert whatever the syn value, but only you can decide what you want to do about that!!!!

Back