Christmas plans??

v12345

Silver Member
Hi peeps. Was wondering what are people doing over Christmas period?
Am thinking of coming off on Monday 24th and have the week off. And start back on Monday New Year's Eve or Wednesday 2nd January 2013 and finish my journey!
Xx

I'm coming off 22/12 and not planning on going mad and getting back on 2nd Jan, to lose anything I've gained and reach my goal if I haven't before Christmas.

I've not given it a great deal of thought yet as it's still so far away in my head, and I've committed myself to this until Christmas but.. I think if I'm as inclined to continue as I am now, then I'll just have Christmas Day off and will low carb my turkey!

I'm not completely sure. I have a number of plans!
Right now I am in the middle of a big wobble about what do do generally (take a food break now/ continue until 12 weeks/ refeed now and swap to a LCD whilst increasing the exercise)!
I'm definitely plan to largely stay on whatever plan I am on at Christmas though - my big christmas aim is to not gain at all but I will eat Christmas dinner (perhaps with less trimmings though!).

Last edited:
I am working Xmas day and Boxing Day so might just stay on plan.

I was thinking about this earlier. not sure what to do. as hubby is off 24 25 26 27 think i will take them off with him and my daughters. then back on it after that so just them days. will be hard not gonna go mad we already said we not getting loads of rubbish in this year as its not needed and money short normally we do take out on christmas eve as busy day. Christmas day i have no control over as i am at inlaws. then the family are at ours on boxing day and we doing a ploughmans buffet so lovely breads and meats and cheeses and pickles. so the 27th i will probably try to cut the carbs for that day ready to getting back on it on the 28th. so hard really needed to lose a good chunk before christmas. already lost 7lb weighing myself day 4 morning i have a good 8 to 10 stone to loose so i know first few weeks are pretty good for us larger people
xx

Luckily for me my 12 week break falls on xmas eve but I kind of want to take off 9 days like I did for my last break, so I am thinking of coming off the diet on the 22nd Dec and restarting Monday the 31st. I will probs be really near goal by xmas but I know that I am going to indulge over xmas so will need to be back on S&S until the new year. I am coming off plan like I did with my last break so am not planning low carbing ect.

I'll have done 23 weeks by Xmas eve, my plan is to have some shakes, probably breakfast and maybe some lunches depending what I'm doing over the week then start in the new year again. I have lost 51lbs so far, hoping this will be nearer 80lbs by Xmas and will continue until I've lost 100lbs... Hopefully finish shakes by end of feb then do a slow refeed to increase calories, maybe over 8 weeks then go to weight watchers to get last bit off and maintain...

Roll on Christmas :)

I'm hoping to be at or as near as damn it to my goal by Christmas so I really do not intend to ruin it all - my plan (and for maintenance afterwards) is to low-carb. I will probably eat a bit more Christmas Day as we're being taken out for Christmas dinner but I am absolutely determined not to go mad & get straight back on it if I do gain, not wait till January!

Back