Christmas Poll

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Bunnyg, 7 October 2008 Social URL.

?

Will you be SS over Christmas?

1. Yes - sticking 100%

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. No - having Christmas off

47 vote(s)
    87.0%
  1. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

Ok, seeing as there are only 78 days left till Christmas :eek: I thought I'd do a poll to see who is sticking to SS over Christmas and who is having some time off... also, if you don't mind sharing your thoughts behind your decision, would be great to hear :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kel78

kel78 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi i am on an aam week and will only be having turkey and a bit of veg i have thought about this at length and discussed it will family and the conclusion is, i'd rather suffer or appear boring to friends for just one xmas knowing that every xmas after that i will be slim and healthy, than undo all my hard work xx

4. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

Well, my answer is - no! I am having Christmas off and I can't wait! The reason is that I will have been doing SS for 5 months by then and will be on it for about 8 months after Christmas. I love Christmas so much and it's my favourite meal of the year! Christmas morning is gorgeous and I know that by SS I won't enjoy it anywhere near as much. I know that it might delay my journey by a week or so, but I will have renewed motiivation for the new year to finish my journey!

5. SO MUCH TO LOSE!

SO MUCH TO LOSE! Must do it this time

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st11lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(28.73%)
    Diet:
    CD ss+
    me too,im not going to ss over the christmas,
    like you bunnyg its my most favourite time ever and it just wouldnt be the same if i didnt sit down to my christmas dinner with the rest of the family

6. missmf

missmf getting slimmer

Diet:
    cambridge, sole source. (trying!)
    i'll hopefully ba at goal by then, as only got 1 1/2 stone to go.
    but gonna remeber to be careful, or not, and i'll be back on cd for a month after!!! lol!! xx

7. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

well im not on cd anymore but if i still was i would have xmas off :)

8. Surfhunny

Surfhunny Laugh in the face of food

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambidge Diet
    I'm having Christmas off this year. I should be at my target weight by then and doing the maintainance plan. It's going to be my first thin Christmas in years so I intend to enjoy it and tackle the damage afterwards.

9. SO MUCH TO LOSE!

SO MUCH TO LOSE! Must do it this time

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st11lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(28.73%)
    Diet:
    CD ss+
    here,here,well said i intend to do the exact same!

10. Fizzy

Fizzy Silver Member

I think I will be about 14lbs from goal but wont be SS'ing over christmas.

11. ZoBo

ZoBo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I should also be at goal. Should be working up the plans by then. But even if not, I'm having christmas off. I love christmas dinner & apart from seeing ds1 open all his presents the food is the next best thing!
    Plus I'm cooking it all for christmas eve, day & boxing day. Then for new year, there's no way I'm not having any!
    I'm going to have christmas eve, day & boxing day off. Then new years eve & day!
    Hopefully I won't do too much damage. lol

12. oisin

oisin Silver Member

Start Weight:
    3st8lb
    Current Weight:
    1st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(66%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Im having it off too and cant waittttttttttttttttt

My days off will be:
    Christmas Day
    Boxing Day
    New years Eve
    New Years Day.

13. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    christmas eve i will be having a chicken saiad, were out for my mums 60th and crimbo day will have turkey and veg

14. Snowbaby

Snowbaby Wants to shed pounds more

I'm having Xmas off this year, I think it would be unrealistic of me to even try. But I will still ss until at least til the 21st. I will also watch what I eat over the period and try to be good to myself without being too bad :)

15. ciwti

ciwti Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I know I'm only new (8 days on CD) but I am definitely eating on Christmas Day. Its the only thing keeping me going so that I'm 100% strict until then, and afterwards until I reach goal. I wont eat my usual amount, but I will have smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast with a glass of bucks fizz, and turkey with mainly veg and a little gravy and bread sauce for dinner, plus one mince pie. I can't wait, and know it will keep me motivated if I have this one cheat. Have already said to everyone at work I won't be eating at our christmas dinner, plus I've volunteered to work in my mum's pub on new year's eve so I'll have to stay sober.

16. kel78

kel78 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    god looks like im the only one thinking about being good, maybe im crazy will have to have a rethink, besides what i say now will probably change by then i'm hoping to work alot so will be distracted. xxx

17. Surfhunny

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambidge Diet
    Kel, you should do whatever feels right for you. I've just come back froom Florida where I stayed on SS until the last 2 days of my holiday because I felt that I had to, otherwise I'd have piled the weight on in those 2 weeks. I think it's really important not to lose control over the holiday period so if being good and sticking to the plan is the way forward, it's what you should do. xx

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. kel78

kel78 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks hun feel better about it now, cant believe you stuck to SS in florida that has to be nigh on impossible well done x

20. Surfhunny

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambidge Diet
    Yeah, it was really tough!!! But I just fed my friends everything I wanted to eat and then made them discribe it in great detail. I did give in on the last 2 nights though, but I only ate protein to stay in ketosis. I felt so much better for doing SS on holiday, if not I'd have been completely out of control around all that food.

PS I just noticed that you started CD the day before me, you've had a great loss so far x

21. kel78

kel78 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    thanks youre not far behind so well done you too! hoping for a big loss this week x

22. Surfhunny

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambidge Diet
    Yeah, me too Good Luck x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.