Christmas Thread. Warning food references!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KD, 16 December 2007 Social URL.

1. KD

KD Gone fishing

Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Got the goose today :clap: £14.99 from Lidl as I'm told they are really nice.

Twas a toss up between goose and pheasant (also from lidl). Went for the goose as I would have needed 2 pheasants and so more hassle.

Got some extra goose fat aswell for the spuds and roast brussels :clap:

Bought some other bits and pieces and now eating some so that I can be sure they are nice enough for Christmas :D

How's everyone else doing?
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Aurora

Aurora Full Member

Bought chocolates and champagne. :eek:

Away for Christmas and that is what I was asked to bring!:D
  4. Aurora

Aurora Full Member

KD when your goose is cooked - in the literal and not the metaphorical sense - you will have so much fat from it that you will be able to supply us all!!!! :D
  5. KD

KD Gone fishing

That was easy then!

You'll be lucky. I'll freeze the leftover fat to use all year round :)

I received a bottle of champagne from a student. The little girl told me to look after it because it cost £45. She said her Dad said "How much!!!!:eek:" and it caused a stinking row evidently.

Makes a nice change from all the red wine I tend to get. Lovely thought, but I don't like red wine. Have loads of the stuff in the garage now. About 80-90 bottles:eek:

Now DS1 is all grown up, he'll be getting a bottle a week forever.

Shame really, especially since I spend all term telling them how much I love bubble bath and candles.:rolleyes:
  6. Aurora

Aurora Full Member

Red wine. Wonderful, I adore the stuff. I will be round KD! Swap you for bubble bath and candles. :D

I swear that every single ounce of my avoirdupois was gained from red wine. :eek:

I did wonder about whether AA would have been a better choice. :D:D:D:D
  7. KD

KD Gone fishing

8. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Healthy eating/Food diary
    Well, I would offer to take some of the red wine KD, but as you know I don't like the stuff! Well not since Saturday night when I inadvertantly over indulged! I know, I'm bad!

Christmas -wise, getting there! Bought a big gammon yesterday to cook next weekend and the turkey is on order. Presents - nearly done, just a couple to wrap now so thats pretty good. This week is wall to wall with children's parties, 3 nurseries = 3 parties! My DH gets to be FC for about 400 children, teach him to be all 'humbug'!

Looking forward to Christmas, I always do actually but I'm really in the mood this year!

Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.