Christmas????

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by mils, 4 November 2007 Social URL.

1. mils

mils Full Member

Just having a bit of a quandry.....What should I do at Christimas??

I have a devil on one shoulder telling me to eat eat and eat and I have an angel on the other shoulder telling me it is only one day and I will have to do this diet for even looooooonger!!

By Christmas I hope to be just a couple of stone from my target weight and I know that if I do indulge in some lovely festive food my weight could potentially increase by a stone over that short period!!

The trouble is Christmas dinner is at my house and I don't know if I have enough will power to cook for 10 people and have a shake or if I do AAM some turkey and veg!

What are all you Soul Sourcers planning?
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. nessie

nessie Loooooves MiniMins

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    Doing my own thing...
    I'm having xmas day off for sure! By then I doubt I will want alot anyway and planning on having shake at 12 as normal and then xmas dinner later on. Wouldn't be xmas day without xmas dinner! :D

4. slimforlive

slimforlive Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm definitely giving myself a couple of days off over Christmas! christmas is my fav part of the year, and part of that is the food. I'm not going to go nearly as mad as I normally do, but I'm certainly not going to feel guilty for Christmas dinner, pud and cake! so there! lol
    xxx

5. Mochaj

Mochaj Gold Member

Diet:
    CD
    I haven't decided what to do yet. I was hoping to be at goal for Christmas but unless miracles do happen that won't be happening now :rolleyes:

I will probably have the day off from SS but just be careful what I eat. Christmas dinner is my favourite meal though so it will be tricky! Mind you, the bit I enjoy most is all the veg, so I don't suppose that is tooo bad :)

6. yuppet

yuppet Member

:)Im definately having xmas dinner, having one shake in the morning then turkey and veg and maybe a small piece of pudding or oe of my shakes frozen!! then SSing the week between xmas and new year, then plan on first footing but no drinking but shaking then i might drink on the 2nd of january! But if im invited out for a meal over xmas i will probably go to that aswell but again mini portions of protein and veg (no carbs).................golly you have me all excited for xmas now!!:)

7. yuppet

yuppet Member

How much are people planning on losing in the 7 weeks from now till xmas??? Im going to work so hard and aim to lose 2stone!! So i think i will deserve a meal for that!!

8. fat_2_fabulous

fat_2_fabulous Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(34.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world extra easy
    ill be on my maintenance then but im not gunna eat a propa dinner. just chicken and veg!no carbs!!!!!!!!!!xxx

9. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    Am on 790 so am planning on a normal-ish CD day - having the turkey dinner and a small piece of Christmas pudding and that's it!

It is only one day!

10. mils

mils Full Member

thanks for all the replies...

that is what I was thinking of doing...but i looooooooooove roast potatoes! I can just hear my family telling me off for not eating my Crimbo dinner!

I keep saying to myself it is only one day and food is just something you taste for a few seconds (but it does taste very good!!!!)

11. fat_2_fabulous

fat_2_fabulous Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(34.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world extra easy
    to be fair tho im a bit silly when it comes to this diet!coming off for crimbo is probably the right thing to do!i just get addicted to things!1 day wont do much!i just think if i get a taste for them things i mite not be able to stick with it when its over!!

1 thing i thought about the other day...im 21 and have an advent calender every year!this will be my first not having one which is quite sad!!!xxx

12. silhouettes

silhouettes Silver Member

i wont be eating over christmas, i know that if i do i wont be able to go back to abstinance. For me its easier not to have anything than a 'small bit' of what i like, i can never stop at 'a small bit'

13. shellyamber

shellyamber Full Member

Diet:
    meal replacement
    I know what you mean silhouettes, by the time christmas comes I should be on step 3.:)

14. ava

ava Silver Member

I'll just be having a AAM/790 type meal so a bit of turkey and veg :)

15. mandye

mandye Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st13lb(50.83%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDDGE DIET SS
    I Am Having The Xmas Dinner But Small Amounts And Just Meat And Veg Will Also Be Having Boxing Day Thought A Salad Type Meal That Way We Can All Eat As A Family Only Thing To Work Out Is Pud Or No Pud It Will Be Like Aam With Extras From Santa

16. trinakmh

trinakmh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Its interesting to see what everyones gonna be doing, great to see no-one gonna go mad .
    I'll have a shake xmas morning then turkey and veg for dinner, boxing day is spent at my parents so it'll be salad and turkey (cant wait...lol)

17. Springador

Springador Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I am not sure, it will depend where I am at, last year I had a couple of days off and I am still trying to get back into it.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Princess

Princess 2nd Time Lucky!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    It was coming off for a "normal" xmas dinner last year that led to me coming off CD gaining my weight back on. Which is why I am restarting monday. Id say...if you have a determination of steel stick to your SS or whatever your doing, planning an AAM week for xmas would be best I think. Id hate for anyone to do what I did and ruin it all - mind you doesnt take much for the munchie devils to tempt me :rolleyes:

20. Sussex Girl

Sussex Girl Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I also ruined my SS a few years ago when I came off it for Christmas. I never really got back into it properly.

I just wish it wasn't Christmas in 7 weeks time, I wish it was 7 months time :(

I know I'm going to find it hard, whatever I decide to do. The kids will have chocolate and goodies everywhere and I really miss it.

I just love eating :mad:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.