Christopher Poole - Finally taking the plunge!

ChrisPoole

Majorly Motivated Mofo
Hello everyone,

I thought I'd create a thread to introduce myself to you all. My name is Chris and I'm a 26 year old Male from Gloucester.

I joined Slimming World last Thursday (21st Feb 2013) after a long period of consideration. I've known a few people in the past who have done it and they all had great results but I'd always been reluctant due to it being mainly females who attend. I thought that I might look a bit silly turning up as a guy and I guess you could say I was a little embarrassed. However last Thursday I decided that enough was enough and that I should just go for it.

My initial worries about it being mainly female orientated were pretty accurate as I was 1 of only 3 guys their, however my worries of looking a little bit silly were definitely wrong. Everyone I met seemed absolutely lovely and I have to say I felt very comfortable. It filled me with a lot of confidence and made me exceptionally eager to hit the ground running and really give it a go.

Most of my adult life my weight has had a tendency to fluctuate up and down. This was mainly down to my love of food and anything that contained sugar in it! However I spent 7 years in the Army (left the service in August 2012) so whilst I was serving I could pretty much eat anything I liked due to the amount of exercise we did in a week. I never really had much of a problem with weight during that time. Since leaving I found that I still ate the same types and quantities of food and ultimately what happened was I went for about 15 stone to 18 stone 9 pounds in around 7/8 months. This has affected every aspect of my life from physical fitness all the way down to self confidence and I have decided it is finally time to do something about it.

My favourite thing about Slimming World is that I can still eat a lot of the foods I love however my knowledge about eating the right things etc is increasing ALOT and that is something I will carry with me for the rest of my life.

I really look forward to reading everyone else's stories and advice as they really do inspire me to work harder. My Slimming World first weigh in was 18 stone 9 pound. My ideal weight is about 14 1/2 and I am extremely determined to get to this. So here's to a life changing time ahead!

Thanks for reading everyone!

Chris

Welcome to the forum Chris, I too am 1 of 3 in a group of 45 to 60 but they are great people there to do the same as me, and with Slimming World we are!

Welcome to the site :) And Good Luck on your weightloss journey.

Good luck Christopher !!
I'm sure you'll find the site extremely useful :D

Good luck Chris :) How are u finding it? I saw your thread on dominos! How did u cope with that? I must admit dominos is my favourite :)

Thank you everyone for the very kind and encouraging words! I'm finding this forum extremely helpful because it really does motivate me to work harder when you see everyone else really trying.

Good luck Chris :) How are u finding it? I saw your thread on dominos! How did u cope with that? I must admit dominos is my favourite :)

Haha well I did end up having a pizza however I limited myself to a small Cheese and Tomato pizza. I have to admit... it taste soooooo good! Luckily I worked very hard in the gym all through the week so I still managed to lose 8lbs.

Haha well I did end up having a pizza however I limited myself to a small Cheese and Tomato pizza. I have to admit... it taste soooooo good! Luckily I worked very hard in the gym all through the week so I still managed to lose 8lbs.

Wowzeers - Well done to you.. I love going to the gym now Its a good stress release lol! Keep on going thats a great first loss

Back