Chubby girl with a sweet tooth trying to shift the pounds

Andrea1823

Well a little about me......I am 26, married to a gorgeous guy and have a beautiful 11month old daughter. I have been overweight for most of my teens and adult life and as such I am a bit of a recluse. I am so ashamed of how I look!

Weighing in at my heaviest I was 17st, this was 3 months after having the little one. At 5ft7 I looked quite big and a size 20. I tried slimming world again as I had success with this before my wedding. But it just didn't work. I had far too much freedom to just snack so I grazed constantly.

In October I headed back to work. I do a desk job and there is always food around, biscuits, donuts, cakes - you name it! I try to stay away and the girls are finally getting the hint that I am trying to lose weight!

I started using Tesco Ultraslim around October and got down to 16st. Christmas came and I fell off the wagon. Started again after Christmas and lost a stone. But I stopped again all because my dad said I didn't look like I had lost weight and wasn't it about time I shifted the baby weight!! Argh! My dad has put me down for as long as I can remember but it still affects me.

So I am restarting at a weight of 15st6lbs. Final goal weight is 10st7 but I am taking it 7lbs at a time.

Would love to hear from you lovely people with any help, tips or advice. Although a chat would be just as nice! Xx

Hi welcome to the site its very motivating and supportive i too recently joined slimming world few weeks ago and have 5 stones to lose im losing weight but starting to feel bit restricted and panic when eating out as get confused about working out syns iv always done weight watchers but wanted something diffrent this time

Hi welcome to the site its very motivating and supportive i too recently joined slimming world few weeks ago and have 5 stones to lose im losing weight but starting to feel bit restricted and panic when eating out as get confused about working out syns iv always done weight watchers but wanted something diffrent this time

Good luck to you. Slimming world does work if you are in the right frame of mind. I am just not at the moment. I still have my pack so will do it from home when the shakes get boring! I could never get on with WW - the points system confused me! Xx

So today has been a bit odd. Didn't have enough milk for a shake this morning so just had a yogurt. Went to my inlaws over lunch time and all they had on offer was a tiny jam donut and I was hungry so I ate that! Not sure what I am going to have for tea yet - will see what I have in the house once I have put the baby to bed x

you need to tell your dad how you feel and what you feel, when he's put you down! keep it up! week 10 and lost 3 stone it so hard but its worth it

you need to tell your dad how you feel and what you feel, when he's put you down! keep it up! week 10 and lost 3 stone it so hard but its worth it

Ah I wish I could. He just makes me feel like cowering in the corner! He is not violent by any means it just seems like anything I do will not be good enough where my sister can do no wrong. I was 25 and married when I fell pregnant with a planned baby. My sister was 22, baby unplanned and fell 3 months after me. I would love to think it was by accident but it is more like accidently-on-purpose. Anyway, lots of issues there!

But I will shift this weight a give him (and others) the finger! Xx

How are you getting on chick?xx

Hiya hunni! I am doing ok. I am done with the shakes, cannot face them at all! Now doing Tesco Diets and I am eating loads! The calories are higher than I am used to but I am still losing some weight and I am not hungry at all. My craving for sweet things is gone. I am happy that i now weigh less than i did when i was pregnant! Only 1lb heavier than hubby, when 8 months ago i was 2st+ heavier! Its going in the right direction. Woo! Xx

Back