Chunkymiss to slinky miss (hopefully!)

chunkymiss

Hi everyone! After reading everyone's fab success stories and food diaries on here for months I thought I'd join and start one of my own.

I've always been a bit chunky, but after my first 4 months at uni I came home at Christmas, got on the scales and was 15 stone 5lb, scary! I decided to do something about it and managed to get my weight down to 13 stone 10. I was happier with this but not 100%, never the less my weight stated like this for the next 5 years.

6 months into my first job, I split up with my ex and found a new man. He is lovely and still together and living together 2 years on. However..... He's very active, has a gorgeous body as he works very hard at his job, doesn't have to excercise coz he's so active, and his moto is 'I eat for 3 at all times!' Not helpful.

My weight started creaping up again in the first summer we were together, and I joined weight watchers when I hit 14 stone 7. All well and good but then I got glandular fever and boom, that went out the window! All excercising stopped. That plus various other illnesses over the last 12 months, means low and behold back to where I was at the start of uni!

I decided to join slimming world last week as my mum had done it with a friend last summer and lost a stone and a half in a few months.

First group session weigh in...... 15 stone 4!!! I was mortified!

My first week has been fairly hard going as its been hard to adapt from weight watchers (still thinking I'm pointing everything!) so I'm not too hopefull for a fantastic loss this week. I've got a lot more into it as the weeks continued and reading stories and support on here I'm sure ill stick to it no matter what!

A little worried as I went to a 10am meeting to join last Tuesday but only as I was off work and I knew it would make me go, and have to go to a Monday evening group at 5.30 for this weeks weigh in, hoping I won't be too much heavier!

Sorry for the waffle, but it seems most new threads start with the waffley background so I'm going with the flow!

Hey tell me about partners eating for 3 my boyfriend does a physical job and can eat whatever he likes and doesn't put on an ounce I however look at food and put on.
Slimming world will come to you, I rejoined 2 weeks ago and even though I've done it before my head is forever in my book just to make sure I'm doing it right. It will come though.
I too would be nervous about swapping times I think you generally fluctuate from nothing to a pound.
Anyway I'm here to subscribe and join you on your journey.

Thank you :) I'm a bit happier as according to my scales at home I lost 2lb!! But we will see what the scales say at WI tonight, I'm going to have to try and be extra good today, and have a SW spag Bol waiting for me when I get home :)

3 pounds off!!!!!!! I am so happy!!

So happy I celebrated with a chicken kebab, some of my boyfriends tomato garlic bread and a lot of Nutella! Oops!

Well done you, the evening weigh in obviously didn't effect your loss!

Thank you! I'm back to work of at after a week off so hopefully it won't be any harder making scrummy meals etc.

I bulk cook and then freeze it so it's easier to grab and go. It's easy enough for me because there is only two of us but it does help.

There's only 2 of us too so its not too bad. Not a clue what I'm making tonight, just got in and really want something quick and easy as its been a very long cold day!

Just bulk made an extra easy syn free chilli con carne, I have to say it is scrummy! With a baked potato and some for lunch tomoro, OH fed and 2 lots of 2 meal sized portions to freeze! Very proud of my little self!

Well done you! I had pizza : / weigh in though so it's good for the rest of the week now.

Yeah weighed in tonight 1.5 off so 4.5 in total. Chuffed with that. How are you finding the plan?

Wow well done!! That's brill.

I struggled to get to grips with it last week, but I think I'm getting more into it now. How about you?

I desperately need some words of inspiration tonight, I'm really craving chocolate after a rubbish day at work :(

Go and get some options hot chocolate and low fat natural yog and then add 3 teaspoons and mix it together. It does hit a spot. Don't let one night bring you down.

I got a huge bowl of raspberries and strawberries covered in muller light... Them went to bed to stop myself!

Well done you. I bet you feel a million times better.

Maybe a million times grumpier! Hehe! But a bit proud of myself. I still can't get below the 15 on my scales at home atm. I'm thinking a green day might help give me a boost, have you ever done this?

It will happen. Yeah I've done them I really like them but some people have said that they find them quite heavy but give it a go.

Had a crazy day at work today and now in bed with bad period pains! Thank god its Friday and I'm not working this weekend!

Brekky -30g HN shredded wheat with a cherry muller light and a cup of tea.

Snack - alpen light (3 syns).

Lunch - SW bolognese with pasta and a muller light.

Got home and had a muller light and a Cadbury light trifle for the chocolate craving (6.5 syns).

9.5 syns total so far.

Bf has made beef in red wine casserole (1syn) for tea, but feeling very rubbish so think I'm going to skip and go to bed :-(

Got my boyfriends nephews birthday party tomorrow and I know its going to be hard work there coz they are BIG eaters.... But if still feeling so rubbish I can't see me eating much anyway :-(

Back