Cinema Advice

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Nightwolf, 11 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Nightwolf

Nightwolf Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Firstly, I screwed up on Sunday and had loads of things I shouldnt, then I managed to claw through till yesterday, and did the same thing again, I feel awful now, I went 4 weeks of great diet, then messed up twice in one week lol, anyways, I have motivated myself today, and just looking at it as a blowout, and proceeding with the diet, but I am going to the cinema next week with family, and wondered, does anyone have any suggestions for food I can take to nibble on? while everyone else has popcorn and hotdogs lol.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tara40

tara40 Loves Norman Reedus

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had the same problem. I was given the option of freezing some fruit, ie grapes, mango, strawberries and taking them to suck on.
    Or what about the snack a jack bag of popcorn.
    I took a lolly pop (chubba chups) and it was a lot better for me then having the chocolate brazils and peanuts, which i love.

4. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

Start Weight:
    103.19kg
    Current Weight:
    100.47kg
    Goal Weight:
    92.53kg
    Lost(%):
    2.7kg(2.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You could syn some "cinema" salted popcorn as it's air popped usually and that will lower the syn value, and have a diet coke?

5. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Me and hubby went to cinema last night to see last chance harvey (its a lovely film) and we were megga good and didn't take anything. Cann't say I missed it either as we were a bit crafty and instead of arriving at the time the film was advertised (8.30) and sitting through 30 mins of ads and stuff - which is when we tend to stuff the goodies - we got there for about 8.50 and only had a couple of mins before the film started.

If you do want a munch though I'd go with grapes, strawberries etc. Damage limitation XX

6. Lady Mhoram

Lady Mhoram Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You can make jelly 'sweets' which taste like thick jelly and hold their shape like gummy sweets.

You get the jelly powder and make it up to 1/2 pint water, then add 3 tbsp of gelatine powder (or two leafs) and mix. Pour into trays (I used a tuppaware dish) and cool. Put in fridge to set. I cut mine into snakes, put them in a pot and take them to the cinema. Makes me feel like I have sweeties too! 2 syns for the whole lot!

Snack-a-Jacks popcorn is also low, so if I was going I might take one of these as well.

tara40 likes this.
  7. tara40

tara40 Loves Norman Reedus

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    good advice for the jellies. will try making them for my boys as well (they are haribo addicts.)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.