Claiming on insurance?

Lucylu79

Gold Member
It's a bad week, hubby split his head open mon, and yesterday he lost his wedding ring :-(

He works in a foundry and lost it in a lube station they call it. It's basically in a house size vat of lube never to be found again but I've never claimed and unsure if the process.

My main concern though is, is it really lost?? Do I bend the truth a bit and leave that bit out and say he lost it "at work"?

We can only claim up to 1000 away from the house with a 250 excess but its still better than nothing and yes my premium will go up but it's the claim I'm worried about, need to ring the police and don't know what to say?!

They said I have to get a crime ref number, it is gone yes.

We couldn't get a replacement for 250 so it's worth making a claim I feel.

Has your OH spoken to work to see if there is anything they can do. If the insurance company want a police report ref number you'll need to get one as they won't process the claim without it. I'm sure the police will be used to getting calls like yours all the time.

Has your OH spoken to work to see if there is anything they can do. If the insurance company want a police report ref number you'll need to get one as they won't process the claim without it. I'm sure the police will be used to getting calls like yours all the time.

Checked with work, no personal cover. Think we're not pursuing now. :-(

I double checked we needed one and they said yes! We won't be claiming but learning a valuable lesson that my insurance is not a good deal based on my excess, won't be renewing or looking for cheap deals in future!

Back