Claireabella's Last Hurdle Diet Diary

Hello everyone, thought I'd start my own diary to make sure I stay on the straight and narrow, and in case I make any mistakes which you guys could point out. :)

I'll start with some info about me:

I'm female, 22, 5'4 and last year I went from 8 stone 7lbs to 9 stone 8lbs.

So in February, I started restricting the cals and carbs . I've lost 6 lbs in total since then, with my weight going up some weeks and down on the others. I'm currently 9 stone 2 lbs. Anyway, I am truly fed up and sick of my current diet. I find that I unintentionally starve myself most days and still only lose about 1lb a week. I can't continue this way or I will crack up! It's so boring and depressing, not to mention unhealthy.

Since I'm used to drastically reducing calories, I've decided that alternate day fasting is probably best for me. I'm a healthy weight already so I'm worried that it may not work as well for me. Also what concerns me is that I'm moving from an already low cal and carb diet to ADF, it may not "shock" my body into losing weight, so to speak. But I'm willing to give it a go. :)

So! I started on a down day yesterday. According to the JUDDD website, I should be eating 338 cals on a DD, and 1691 cals on a UD. Here's what I ate exactly yesterday;

Tuesday DD
40g of shredded wheat with skimmed milk and splenda.
Cup of tea with skimmed milk and splenda.
Half of a breakfast bar (45cals)
Miso Soup with Brocolli, half a chicken breast and mushrooms.
A lot of water

Total cals = 349
Total carbs = 48.2g
Total fat = 7.0g.

And today!

Wednesday UD
2 x Full breakfast bar(90 cals each)
Jam on two pieces of white toast
Pasta 'n' Sauce

...So far I've eaten about 1100 cals. So another 591 to go. Think I'll have some honey on toast tonight and a little something else which takes my fancy. Maybe a piece of cake or a hot chocolate. (I've got a sweet tooth. :D )

So does this sound okay; Should it lead me to success? I'll be fasting 4 days a week and feeding 3 days.

Start weight: 9 stone 2lbs (128lbs)
Goal: 8 stone 2 (114lbs)

Thanks for reading!

Edit: Forgot to mention that I do absolutely no exercise, it stretches to walking up and down the stairs in my house haha. (I work at home as an artist. It also doesn't help that I have a heart arrhythmia so I tend to stay away from it!)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/meirou

Last edited:
Welcome to the group Claireabella

Sounds like you've had a good first fast. Make sure you take measurements to keep you encouraged on those weeks when the scales don't move. It can sometimes take a couple of weeks for people's bodies to get with the programme but everyone's different so just see how it goes and enjoy your UD's :)

Hi

Sounds good to me too. You might not need to do 4 fasts a week tho with you being a healthy weight anyway. x

I found my UD's didn't matter at all as long as my DD were really down. Some don't count on UD at all and still lose.xx

I found my UD's didn't matter at all as long as my DD were really down. Some don't count on UD at all and still lose.xx
Phew that's good, because I went 100 over yesterday!

So today is a DD and I'm not fussed about it so far. Don't feel hungry, yet don't feel like I over indulged yesterday. So I'm feeling good

Had 30g shredded wheat for breakie with semi-skimmed milk and splenda and a cup of tea with semi-skimmed milk and splenda. Going to have half a chicken breast with brocolli tonight and some BBQ sauce, and possibly an Options hot chocolate (39cals). :)

Had a quick go of the scales today. Seems like I've lost 1lb already but I think that's because just before this diet, I had a 4 day binge, so I think it's just water.

Sounds like your doing really well :)

I really must have a dig round the cupboard and see if we have any options hot chocolates..... I usually completely forget about them but then as soon as someone mentions it i want one!!!!

Oh yes they are lovely! But my boyfriend bought the rubbish turkish delight flavour this week. yuck.

Got an added bonus tonight, a nice mummified flying insect of some sort in my packet of broccoli. yummm. :jelous: Added protein I suppose, hehe.

Ewwww :jelous: That would have been the end of the meal for me. I can remember finding some sort of weird bug like a tiny slug on some broccoli i'd just taken out of the fridge and opened. I'd had it in the fridge for three days so i was very surprised to find the poor little bugger alive. I deposited him on a bush outside and now make sure i remember to clean my broccoli before use! Plus i reckon it'll be a pain trying to work out the cals in that one and frankly i don't have enough cals on a DD to waste them on anything like that!

Ewwww :jelous: That would have been the end of the meal for me. I can remember finding some sort of weird bug like a tiny slug on some broccoli i'd just taken out of the fridge and opened. I'd had it in the fridge for three days so i was very surprised to find the poor little bugger alive. I deposited him on a bush outside and now make sure i remember to clean my broccoli before use! Plus i reckon it'll be a pain trying to work out the cals in that one and frankly i don't have enough cals on a DD to waste them on anything like that!
Eeew. That's awful! I've sort of gone off food now, I can't bring myself to eat chicken or broccoli on my next DD. My stomach and mind feels very fickle at the mo. So I've just bought Asda's version of Slimfast.

Anyway, it's an UD! yippeee. decided to pig out today, probably will get to about 2500 cals today. :eek:

And! I've lost 3lb. :) Back in the 8st range!

Well tbh i can't stomach regular chicken and broccoli as they were all i ate for about 2 months when i did a low carb diet.

Well done on your 3lb loss.

Can't believe its been a week since you started. I dream of seeing an 8 on the scales again. But for now i just want to see a 9 to start with and then i'll start dreaming of an 8 maybe?

Well tbh i can't stomach regular chicken and broccoli as they were all i ate for about 2 months when i did a low carb diet.

Well done on your 3lb loss.

Can't believe its been a week since you started. I dream of seeing an 8 on the scales again. But for now i just want to see a 9 to start with and then i'll start dreaming of an 8 maybe?
It'll happen! I've just been looking at my old threads on here when I was 10st 7lbs. 8st 7lb was a pipe dream for me back then and looking at my threads, I had a lot of setbacks. But I got there eventually, I'm sure you will too. :) Just don't put it back on like I did hehe

It'll happen! I've just been looking at my old threads on here when I was 10st 7lbs. 8st 7lb was a pipe dream for me back then and looking at my threads, I had a lot of setbacks. But I got there eventually, I'm sure you will too. :) Just don't put it back on like I did hehe

That is really good to know :)

It's really made my day. Thanks for that :D

That is really good to know :)

It's really made my day. Thanks for that :D
Aww you're welcome!

So yesterday I had a massive pig out up day. My bf is also on a diet and he has a cheat day every Friday, so it'd rude not to join in. :D Must've eaten well above 3000 cals. Wont dare look at the scales today. I think I may have an extra DD this week to compensate. :(

Edit: It was actually 3800 cals I had yesterday :eek: :eek: :eek: The homemade bakewell tarts ruined everything!

Last edited:
Aww you're welcome!

So yesterday I had a massive pig out up day. My bf is also on a diet and he has a cheat day every Friday, so it'd rude not to join in. :D Must've eaten well above 3000 cals. Wont dare look at the scales today. I think I may have an extra DD this week to compensate. :(

Edit: It was actually 3800 cals I had yesterday :eek: :eek: :eek: The homemade bakewell tarts ruined everything!

I don't think I was far behind you yesterday on the cals, it must have been international eat all you can day!!

I'm having a DD today as some sort of damage limitation, bakewell tarts...yum!

I don't think I was far behind you yesterday on the cals, it must have been international eat all you can day!!

I'm having a DD today as some sort of damage limitation, bakewell tarts...yum!
Haha, it must've been! Don't think I've ever eaten that much in one day before! And the tarts were delicious. There's two left for me tomorrow, hurray!

Just checked the scales, little to no weight gain after yesterday :) Relief! Had a meal replacement shake earlier and will have my last at about 7pm tonight. Not too hungry.

Back