ClaireCat: The Art of Self Sabotage

ClaireCat

On a mission for boobs!
Hello!

My name is Claire and I'm 27. I've been half heartedly doing Atkins since Feb 11 and have lost and gained the same stone until November 2011, when I threw in the towel and went to eating everything in sight, beacuase I was having a "whats the point" moment.

So now I'm a stone heavier than I was this time last year!!!

I suffer from pcos, which is funny, because I have all the possible symptoms of it, but the ultrasound of my ovaries showed they looked normal. Guess its not really funny, but you've got to laugh! I have a sister and Ive always been the chubby funny one, where as she has always been the pretty skinny one.

Bit fed up being the fat kid.

At my heaviest I was weighing in at about 20/21stone and a size 20/22. After finally managing to leave a bad relationship I lost 5 stones over the course of the year that followed. But now I'm in a really good relationship and that "content" thing people speak of has set in and I'm putting the weight back on. (My bloke, Michael, eats junk food constantly and looks like a twig!)

So, I decided I was going to try the Cambridge Diet and I went to visit my consultant the week before Christmas and we've decided its best for me to start on Step 2 (mainly because I will cry if I can drink my cups of tea with milk!) and today is the day!

Christmas and New Year are over, so I've no excuse to keep stuffing my face now.

I've done my official WI this morning and I'm a whopping 16st 7lb!

I had my first Cambridge Meal today and, I have to say, it was the worst thing I've ever eaten in my entire life! I had original porridge and I only managed to eat half of it because I actually thought I was going to be sick.

Looking forward to trying something else at lunch! Really praying it tastes better than that! But on a positive note, it cant possibly taste any worse! lol!

Last edited:
Hello and good luck with your weightloss journey.. having your motivation pics will really help you to see the before and after pictures.. I still smile when i look at mine :)

The products will grow on you honestly.. keep going x

Chocolate tetra isnt too bad. 100% improvement on the porridge at least!

Been sitting here for over an hour trying to work out what I wanted to try because everytime I thought about the taste of the porridge I wanted to be sick! lol!

Def will be ordering more choc tetras on Saturday when I see my consultant. Not too bad at all! :)

having your motivation pics will really help you to see the before and after pictures.. I still smile when i look at mine :)

Thanks. I look awful in them! lol! Not as awful as I looked last night playing xbox kinect in my white fluffy pj's (christmas present). It takes screenshots of you while you're jumping around like an idiot and I looked like the marshmallow man from Ghostbusters.

Maybe that should have been my motivational pic! :p

Welcome, and congratulations on committing to the diet - you will find those photos so motivating later on. I've did a set at the start, then at a the quarter and halfway points - next one is coming up... hopefully this month. it's great to see the differences.

Thanks! I'm already missing atkins, but its not even been a day yet. That porridge really tainted it for me this morning! lol!

Howz the soup? Is it nice? I'm just going to go make my 200cal meal but I'm wondering what to have later. I've got 5 sachets of porridge left to eat - only one more plain one tho, so I'm hoping the other two flavours are a bit better.

If not, has anyone got any suggestions as to how to make them taste better?!

i hated the porridge - took the other sachets back to my cdc and swapped them!

of the soups i love the chicken and mushroom and the tomato is quite handy cos it mixes up differently, and gives decent results with just a mug and a spoon (meaning you can take it places).

basically, you need to try everything - you'll find stuff you do like.

Yeah, I've got one of everything except things with banana, strawberry, tomato and mushroom - cant stand any of them! lol!

Cant get to see my consultant til Saturday, so that means I'll have to at at least 2 of the porridge. Which is fine, because i have another two flavours of it still to try! lol!

Pretty hungry today. Had chicken and cabbage stir-fry about 45mins ago and I'm drinking tea to try and fill me up.

Quick question, can I eat beansprouts and bamboo shoots? I've got a few tins of them from atkins and I love them. Not sure whether they're allowed or not - not carby, but want to check.

don't think they're on the list, no.I'm on ss, so i can't be sure. bamboo shoots won't be - too starchy.

Oh i really dont think i can do this. I can taste the chemicals in everything and its making me feel a bit ill.

Trying a soup now and its not nice.... shakes tomorrow and see what they're like. If i have something awful for breakfast I'm going straight back on atkins induction.

I'm so disappointed. I can cope with this hungry feeling, but the chemical taste is really making me feel sick. :(

You're really traumatised by that porridge aren't you? It makes me barf too, really vile. If it helps I lost 2 stone on chocolate tetra's alone. I'm restarting on Wed and fully intend to have chocolate tetra's again. The spicy tomato soup isn't too bad just for a bit of variety and if you can hang in for 2 weeks you can have bars.

The porridge is evil, but you need to try and get over it :p

Good luck! xxx

Hi lovely, and welcome.

I cant do anything other than the chocolate tetras, again for the taste of chemicals, but also for the ease of use because I work away.

I double mine up with hot water and a sweetener and they are really lovely that way. After 8 weeks they still feel like a treat and something to look forward to.

I hope you manage to find your way of sticking to plan x

I ended up making a couple of carb free sozzys last night because I had only eaten half of my cambridge products for the day and was feeling really disheartened over it and thought I'd better have food.

However, this morning I've tried a mapel and cinnamon porridge, which, I have to say, tastes alot better than the original but the "bits" in it are absolutely disgusting, so half of that went in the bin.

I've got one of my tetra packs in the fridge to see if that makes it taste better for lunch, and I'm thinking the soups are too thick for me, so maybe I should only use half the pack to make them thinner, and then I guess I'll feel like im getting twice as much?

Not sure. But I do know that I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 4lbs. So that was a bit more motivation for me to try again!

Will see how it goes. This week is obv going to be a bit of a disaster until I find something I can actually stomach, and get back to my consultant to order more of them. But I think I'm def needing to try with this at least.

You're really traumatised by that porridge aren't you? It makes me barf too, really vile. If it helps I lost 2 stone on chocolate tetra's alone. I'm restarting on Wed and fully intend to have chocolate tetra's again. The spicy tomato soup isn't too bad just for a bit of variety and if you can hang in for 2 weeks you can have bars.

The porridge is evil, but you need to try and get over it :p

Good luck! xxx

Pmsl! I'll be having nightmares about that porridge! :p

What are the Eat Easy products like? Can I have them next week or do I have to wait a bit like with the bars?

Oooh, choc orange shake - nicest thing I've tried so far :)

Sitting here wrapped up, dying from some sort of flu related death that I woke up with this morning. Want to sleep but its my last day off work before the working year starts again, so i dont want to miss it!

Choc orange is lush and very sweet!
I tried EVERYTHING in the beginning, and weirdly my fav soups are the chicken & mushroom & leek & potato, but I never like them normally so you might just surprise yourself! Toffee &walnut, strawberry & banana are my fav shakes, they're nice and light and don't have any after tastes. Some are nice hot aswell, like the choccy ones so experiment with em abit to see what you like. Frozen Tetras make the lushest Ice creams too ;)

Never heard of eat easy products so can't help you there hunni x

Oh I seeeee. I think those meals are for maintaining rather than dieting, I don't think they are low carb as far as I'm aware. Which is a shame cos it'd be nice to have some real food!

Back