ClaireL second chance diary

Claire L

Well, I thought I would start a diary (again!) as I have been slip sliding lately and can feel that if I don't pull my finger out I will completely lose focus and then that will be the beginning of the end, I'm hoping I am not there yet!!

I need to see another 28lbs go away, I have only lost a total of 8lbs so far, it was a much grander 15lbs but most of that has gone back on and I feel ashamed - I was ill about 3 weeks ago - ate a load of crap and have not done anything really to sort it out since then, but really that is no excuse so it's time to get back on the wagon...

I live in Austria so there's no chance of joining a group so I am relying on this to keep me on track, if anyone reads my mumblings and can see I am going wrong please, please give me shove in the right direction, all comments welcome :D

I will do mostly extra easy as I think it fits in better with family food, and I don't want to be cooking separate meals just for me.

So here we go

Wednesday 20 march 2013

Breakfast
Egg, turkey rasher, mushrooms

Snack
banana

Lunch
Chicken and veg soup (homemade - packed with veggies and a bit of barley to help fill up)
0 syn vanilla yog with fresh raspberries

Dinner
Pasta, salmon, asparagus, side salad
sugar free jelly with strawberries - 1syn , aerosol cream (2tbsp) - 0.5 syns

Before bed
Highlights chocolate drink - 2syns
Toasted WM bread with LF spread - 1.5 syns

HEA: Milk in my cuppa throughout the day
HEB: wholewheat bread

Total syns: 5

Need to find out if you are supposed to have only 1 or if you can have 2 HEA on extra easy???

Good morning world :) - well yesterday was "goodish" - didn't stick to the meals I had planned (what's new there!!) but on the plus side I did keep within the SW plan for the day. I think it's better for me to write what I have had the day before or else I am going to be constantly editing- LOL - never could make a decision and stick to it!!
So yesterday was like this:

EXTRA EASY

Breakfast
Egg, turkey rasher, mushrooms

Snack
banana

Lunch
Pasta bake - pasta, courgette, onion, pepper, tomato, parmesan cheese (2syns)
baked cheesecake (2syns)

Dinner
Hot dog made with LF sausage (0.5 syn) SW chips, onion, salad, tom ketchup (1syn), wholewheat bread roll (HEB)
LF yogurt with fresh raspberries

HEA: Milk for drinks through day

Total syns = 5.5

Hi, reasonable day yesterday, although I did have a few G&Ts in the evening which I was trying not to do - ah well, it's still within the syns so maybe I will just say last night was this week's Friday if you know what I mean!

EXTRA EASY

Breakfast
2 boiled eggs with toast (HEB)

Lunch
Left over chicken, veg and barley soup
slice of baked cheesecake 2 syns (recipe from minimins)

Dinner
rich beef casserole with mustard mash 2.5syns (gravy granules and mustard) with sprouts (love them!!!) and broccoli
banana

G&T x 3!! 7.5 syns Mmm - not sure it's worth it - will have to think of some non alcoholic / lower syn drink that tastes a bit 'special' for the evenings so I can save my syns

snacks
chicken drumsticks, mango, strawberries, 0syn vanilla yogurt

HEA: milk in drinks through day

Total syns for the day = 12

If anyone reads this and knows what the deal is with HE's on extra easy could poss add a comment - can't seem to work it out!!

HE's on EE are one of each :)

A - cheese, milk etc
B- bread, scan bran, cereal etc

Hope that helps, if you need a bit more detail just shout!

Hi here to follow your diary! I feel off the wagon last week so iv started my diary back up too! Not well today tho so its not really going well :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

HE's on EE are one of each :)

A - cheese, milk etc
B- bread, scan bran, cereal etc

Hope that helps, if you need a bit more detail just shout!

Morning - sounds like you're doing well :) syns on EE are one of each i think x

Thanks ktcymru, thanks Rkmriddell, I was sort of fingers crossed I could have a second HEA (for cheeeeeese - love of my life LOL) will throw in some green days then when the need is great!!

Hi here to follow your diary! I feel off the wagon last week so iv started my diary back up too! Not well today tho so its not really going well :(

Hi - you are very welcome to follow :D - I will look for your diary too

My problem is that when I fall off the wagon it's never just a little trip up - it"s always spectacular fall with maximum damage!! and weekends are def my danger area - I think if I can control myself at the weekend I will be much happier.

So my Friday and Saturday looked like this:
Friday
Breakfast -2 slices bacon and 1 poached egg, 1 slice wholewheat bread toasted (HEB - was from normal sized loaf so will count 1 slice as full HEB?)

Lunch - noodles and some frozen oriental veg stir fried

Dinner - went out with OH and son - had a burger but didn't eat the bun, so maybe 4 syns??? salad, large beer (500ml) 9syns

HEA - milk in drinks

TOTAL SYNS = 13

Saturday
Breakfast -weetabix x1 (half HEB) , milk from allowance (part HEA) , banana

Lunch - bread roll (half HEB plus 3 syns) egg, tomato, LF mayo (1.5 syns)

Dinner - kofta biryani, spinach (was at a loss for what to have as superfree LOL), sugar free jelly with strawberries (1syn) with spray cream (2 syns)

HEA: milk with cereal and in drinks

TOTAL SYNS= 7.5

Yesterday wasn't so good after all :confused: started Ok but like many folks I have a struggle to keep it together at the weekends - weigh in is Monday so I am not sure if a bit of self sabotage isn't in there too!! I really need to work on this - but for now a line is drawn and I have all week to plan for next weekend if you know what I mean .......

So offerings for Sunday (hangs head in shame before I begin!!)

Breakfast
hash browns, egg, tomato, mushrooms, LF sausage (1syn)

Lunch
left over kofta biryani

Dinner
roast chicken, mash, sprouts, broccolo, carrot and peas, gravy (2syns)
and then the rot begins.......
wine - 3 glasses (19.5 syns - oops!!)
bread (HEB) and LF cheese 4 syns
chocolate krispie made by son - ??syny - 4 or 5??

HEB: Bread
HEA: Milk in drinks

TOTAL SYNS= 31.5

My strategy for the week - try with weekly syns rather than daily so I can be more aware anad save them for the weekend, plan meals in advance and stick to plan, make some syn free or low syn snacky food for the evenings (this is the time when I'm most likely to get the nibbles)

Will weigh in this evening too - will update tomorrow:wave_cry:

Yesterday wasn't so good after all :confused: started Ok but like many folks I have a struggle to keep it together at the weekends - weigh in is Monday so I am not sure if a bit of self sabotage isn't in there too!! I really need to work on this - but for now a line is drawn and I have all week to plan for next weekend if you know what I mean .......

So offerings for Sunday (hangs head in shame before I begin!!)

Breakfast
hash browns, egg, tomato, mushrooms, LF sausage (1syn)

Lunch
left over kofta biryani

Dinner
roast chicken, mash, sprouts, broccolo, carrot and peas, gravy (2syns)
and then the rot begins.......
wine - 3 glasses (19.5 syns - oops!!)
bread (HEB) and LF cheese 4 syns
chocolate krispie made by son - ??syny - 4 or 5??

HEB: Bread
HEA: Milk in drinks

TOTAL SYNS= 31.5

My strategy for the week - try with weekly syns rather than daily so I can be more aware anad save them for the weekend, plan meals in advance and stick to plan, make some syn free or low syn snacky food for the evenings (this is the time when I'm most likely to get the nibbles)

Will weigh in this evening too - will update tomorrow:wave_cry:

Good luck with wi! I'm going to try weekly syns when I start at group tomorrow, just think it will suit me better and sounds like you might be same x

I always have weekly syns instead of daily, i just think rather than it getting to 8pm an thinking 'ohh iv got 10syns to eat and then having choc or sweets..etc' its better to save them for when you actually need them or want them!i get weighed on a thursday and i tend to use my syns on choc or alcohol or a meal out on friday and saturday, then im syn free for monday-thursday. Iv been doing SW for 12 weeks only wanted to lose a stone an iv lost 1stone 1pound. :) so it can work, iv heard on this forum that some Consultants say not to use all ur syns at once but you do what you feel works for you, try it one week and if it doesnt work no major harm done! X good luck

I always have weekly syns instead of daily, i just think rather than it getting to 8pm an thinking 'ohh iv got 10syns to eat and then having choc or sweets..etc' its better to save them for when you actually need them or want them!i get weighed on a thursday and i tend to use my syns on choc or alcohol or a meal out on friday and saturday, then im syn free for monday-thursday. Iv been doing SW for 12 weeks only wanted to lose a stone an iv lost 1stone 1pound. :) so it can work, iv heard on this forum that some Consultants say not to use all ur syns at once but you do what you feel works for you, try it one week and if it doesnt work no major harm done! X good luck

See that's what i'm like, day to day don't really use syns but then social stuff - just feel i would be less stressed about it if it was a weekly thing x

Yeah, your right there - it won't be as stressy on a day to day basis - def giving it a go this week

Monday's eats:

Breakfast
weetabix x 1 (half HEB) banana, milk from allowance (half HEA)

Lunch
chiken, courgette, onion, tomato, asparagus, couscous

Dinner
spag bol, salad, salad dressing 2syns, parmesan cheese 2 syns, bread (half HEB)

HEA - milk
HEB - weetabix, bread

TOTAL SYNS FOR WEEK= 4/105

Last edited:
Kids break up for Easter today - yeah - that means I don't have to get up at dawn to make breakfasts and packed lunches for the next 12 days - sounds good to me :happy036:

Tuesday's eats:

Breakfast
mushroom omelette

Lunch
left over spag bol, salad
0% fat Greek yogurt mixed with Cadbury's highlights -2 syns

Dinner
Chinese style chicken curry - 5.5syns (worth it cos it is lush), rice, some kind of veggies for superfree

Supper
toast and pate (syn free) if I am still hungry?? - do you have to have the HE's even if you're not hungry???

HEA - milk
HEB - bread

TOTAL SYNS FOR WEEK = 11.5/105

Last edited:
Yeah, your right there - it won't be as stressy on a day to day basis - def giving it a go this week

Monday's eats:

Breakfast
weetabix x 1 (half HEB) banana, milk from allowance (half HEA)

Lunch
chiken, courgette, onion, tomato, asparagus, couscous

Dinner
spag bol, salad, salad dressing 2syns, parmesan cheese 2 syns, bread (half HEB)

HEA - milk
HEB - weetabix, bread

TOTAL SYNS FOR WEEK= 4/150

How come your syns are so high? I thought it was max 15 per day? Food sounds lovely tho x

Kids break up for Easter today - yeah - that means I don't have to get up at dawn to make breakfasts and packed lunches for the next 12 days - sounds good to me :happy036:

Tuesday's eats:

Breakfast
mushroom omelette

Lunch
left over spag bol, salad
0% fat Greek yogurt mixed with Cadbury's highlights -2 syns

Dinner
Chinese style chicken curry - 5.5syns (worth it cos it is lush), rice, some kind of veggies for superfree

Supper
toast and pate (syn free) if I am still hungry?? - do you have to have the HE's even if you're not hungry???

HEA - milk
HEB - bread

TOTAL SYNS FOR WEEK = 11.5/150

Our cons at group yesterday said you don't have to have them but that they are important to keep your body healthy x

Our cons at group yesterday said you don't have to have them but that they are important to keep your body healthy x

Your consultant is right but i think youve added it up wrong hun, you can have between 5-15 a day or save them an use them weekly but you cant go over 105 (15x7) get me?? Sometimes i go over an still lose but i wouldnt recommend it every week really x

Your consultant is right but i think youve added it up wrong hun, you can have between 5-15 a day or save them an use them weekly but you cant go over 105 (15x7) get me?? Sometimes i go over an still lose but i wouldnt recommend it every week really x

I thought it was max 105 x

Yep it is, but on the previous page shes put syns 5/150 unless it was typo error maybe? X

That's what confused me cause it said it twice which made me wonder if it was something more? X

Back