Claire's yummmmyyy slimming world diary

*Claire-Bear*

Gold Member
Hello all ... Welcome to my diary .. I spent the last year on weight watchers and lost a stone then i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and my weight wouldnt budge, infact ive managed to gain weight just by following the ww diet :confused:... so ive decided slimming world may nudge that weight .... theres so much more choice compared to ww ................... plus im a type 1 diabetic so i need lots of variety and healthy food to keep me ticking over ;) weight watchers allows you to eat practically whatever you want which isnt good coz i would spent my points on crisps and chocolate :eek: ... Haha ... so heres my first entry ... anyone feel free to speculate my adding up, etc ...... as im only on my 1st day ever ...

Today Ive eaten ..

Healthy extra A = 375ml skimmed milk for teas & coffee

Brunch
2 lean bacon (free food)
baked beans (free food)
cherry tomatoes (super free)
60g wholemeal bread toasted (Healthy extra B)
choc mint Mullerlight (free food)

Dinner
Chilli con carne (free food)
Jacket spud (free food)
Lettuce (super free)

Tea
1/2 pack of Batchelors Chicken & mushroom pasta n sauce (free food)
Gammon (free food)
lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, pepper & sweetcorn (super free)

Handful of crisps = 2 syns
6 mini meringues = 6 syns ( with a ww toffee yogurt & banana )
2 finger mint kitkat = 5.5 syns

14.5/15 syns used daily
90.5/105 syns left for the week

Last edited:
Does anyone know if your milk allowance from hex A can be counted towards the milk in a latte?

Oooof, hate those first few days of a diet where your starving coz you spend so long looking at the books to see what you can eat ............ lol .... I just ate a mullerlight to tide me over til ive got my recipe sorted ......... :p

Todays diary

Healthy extra A = 375ml skimmed milk
Healthy extra B = 2x Alpen light bars

Brunch
2 morrisons sausages (2syns)
baked beans
1 egg
cherry tomatoes (super free)
Mint chocolate mullerlight

Tea
Slimming world chilli con carne
boiled rice
Fat free plain yogurt
salad (super free)

Snacks
4 mini meringues (4 syns)
ww vanilla yogurt
strawberries & banana (super free)

Does anyone know if your milk allowance from hex A can be counted towards the milk in a latte?

Yes it can honey :D If it couldn't I wouldn't survive the working week.

Do you feel like you've cracked it? Lots of the WW'ers who come here tend to think they are eating too much!

Tomorrows planned diary ... as im on 10-8 shift at work

Healthy extra A = 375ml skimmed milk
Healthy extra B = 60g wholemeal bread (with breakfast)

Breakfast
Toast & jam (1/2 syn)
Banana (super free)

Dinner
1/2 pack of chicken & mushroom pasta & sauce
lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, carrot & sweetcorn (super free)
tuna
salad cream (1 syn)
Cherries (super free)

Tea
slimming world chilli con carne
boiled rice
carrot, peas, green beans & sweetcorn (super free)
ww yogurt

Last edited:
Yes it can honey :D If it couldn't I wouldn't survive the working week.

Do you feel like you've cracked it? Lots of the WW'ers who come here tend to think they are eating too much!

Thaaaanks honey! Im getting there .... im loving all this choice ;) waaay more than ww :p

My Mum does WW although she tends to save all of her PP's for gin, I see her meals and I'm like "Is that all you are having!?!" :eek:

My Mum does WW although she tends to save all of her PP's for gin, I see her meals and I'm like "Is that all you are having!?!" :eek:

Yeah, which is prob why i love sw .... you can eat LOOOOADS more ......... on ww, your at 15points already once you had yer dinner so yer only left with 11 for yer tea n snacks .... :eek: I dont think its a good diet to follow for a continued healthy lifestyle as your so limited ... for example - baked beans are like 9 pro points for a can .... so noone really eats them on ww which is crazy coz they are a fabulous filling and low fat food ... same with jacket potatoes .. a decent sized one is about 7 pro points so noone eats them xxxxx

OOoof, couldn't be having that :eek:

Good luck anyway, feel free to ask any questions. Pop into my diary, it gets pretty lively but we tend not to talk about food! It's like the official makeup, shoes and girly crap thread xx

OOoof, couldn't be having that :eek:

Good luck anyway, feel free to ask any questions. Pop into my diary, it gets pretty lively but we tend not to talk about food! It's like the official makeup, shoes and girly crap thread xx

Taaaar! sounds like my kinda thread ;)

Hey Claire popping by to subscribe to your diary, looks like you are getting into the swing of things just fine. I assume you are doing Extra Easy? Once you get your head round it all you can also try red or green days if you wish? Means you get double the amount of HEs :) I only do green days since I am veggie so can't help too much with Extra easy or red but feel free to ask anything you are unsure about there's loads of lovely helpful people to help you on your SW journey! Probably takes a while to adjust to being allowed so much food compared to WW, hope it works out for you the weight losses can be a bit slower than WW for some people because you are allowed so much to eat but it's so much easier to stick to for that reason and you never need to be hungry EVER! x

Hey Claire popping by to subscribe to your diary, looks like you are getting into the swing of things just fine. I assume you are doing Extra Easy? Once you get your head round it all you can also try red or green days if you wish? Means you get double the amount of HEs :) I only do green days since I am veggie so can't help too much with Extra easy or red but feel free to ask anything you are unsure about there's loads of lovely helpful people to help you on your SW journey! Probably takes a while to adjust to being allowed so much food compared to WW, hope it works out for you the weight losses can be a bit slower than WW for some people because you are allowed so much to eat but it's so much easier to stick to for that reason and you never need to be hungry EVER! x

Ohhhh i didnt no you could have more healthy extras with red n green !!! oooof you learn somert new everyday! yep im giving EE a go ... then i recon ile try the other two out ..... Im not so bothered about the weightloss side, i just want to eat better really ..... as on ww, you could eat toast for breakfast, dinner n tea ..... its quite unhealthy at times :eek: ...... Thanks for your help honey xxxxxxx

Yeh with red or green days you can have 2 HEAs and 2 HEBs on top of all your free foods and your 15 syns so it's LOADS! :D And with red & green days you don't have to eat 1/3 superfree with each meal. You can of course make unhealthy choices on SW but you are not so limited with regards to food or points. Theres loads of really filling meals you can make using no syns at all :D x

Yeh with red or green days you can have 2 HEAs and 2 HEBs on top of all your free foods and your 15 syns so it's LOADS! :D And with red & green days you don't have to eat 1/3 superfree with each meal. You can of course make unhealthy choices on SW but you are not so limited with regards to food or points. Theres loads of really filling meals you can make using no syns at all :D x

I noooo, im loving it !!!! i like how you can eat beans on sw ... on ww its 9 pro points for a can of beans, baring in mind you only have 26 pp a day !!! im in love !!!!!!!

Thanks for the advice! ile deffo be doing red n green as i think itll get a bit costly adding sf foods to every meal ....... :eek::rolleyes: xxxx

There is a woman in my class who lost 5 stone eating mushy peas on toast for her tea every night because she was so poor! But hey, it worked!

JezVonSavage said:
There is a woman in my class who lost 5 stone eating mushy peas on toast for her tea every night because she was so poor! But hey, it worked!

Wow. Wat a weird meal tho ...... Haha. Some comitment is that then eh xxxxxxx

That's what I thought. I like mushy peas....but not that much :eek:

JezVonSavage said:
That's what I thought. I like mushy peas....but not that much :eek:

A spoonful next to me chips maybe ..... Not on toast ... Eewww xxx

Todays diary

Breakfast
Skimmed milk (Healthy extra A)
60g wholemeal bread (Healthy extra B)
Jam (1/2 syn)
Butter (1 syn)
Banana (superfree)

Dinner
handful of pasta
sweetcorn, carrot, cucumber, tomato, lettuce (superfree)
tuna
xtra light salad cream (1 syn)

Tea
slimming world chilli
rice
carrots, peas, green beans & sweetcorn (superfree)
ww vanilla yogurt

Snacks
Walkers Baked (5 syns)
s&s mugshot
watermelon (superfree)

7.5/15 syns daily used
71/105 syns weekly left

Back