Clean eating

jayde1148

Gold Member
Hi all

I'm not on a diet I'm using slimpods but I really want to try and eat as cleanly as possible firstly for nutritional benefits but also I'm hoping to get rid of my ibs that drives me bonkers!

Any of you do this 'clean' eating as part of your healthy lifestyle? I would love any tips, good things to try, and also recipes for good meals or snacks.

I'm never eating margarine ever again or sweeteners after seeing a programme last night! So it will be as natural as possible from now on!

Thanks to anyone who replies :)

Hi all

I'm not on a diet I'm using slimpods but I really want to try and eat as cleanly as possible firstly for nutritional benefits but also I'm hoping to get rid of my ibs that drives me bonkers!

Any of you do this 'clean' eating as part of your healthy lifestyle? I would love any tips, good things to try, and also recipes for good meals or snacks.

I'm never eating margarine ever again or sweeteners after seeing a programme last night! So it will be as natural as possible from now on!

Thanks to anyone who replies :)

Hi Jayde

I don't religiously follow "clean eating" but I like fresh, unprocessed food more generally and I love what it does for my energy/general well being.

The main thing I do now is choose things in their simplest form, ie. fruit, veg, meat prepared and cooked myself and try to make all sauces myself as these often have tons of hidden nasties. Oh and with fruit/veg I know its cheesy but go for colour! Dark green leafy veg, carrots, tomatoes, broccolli, peppers, sweetcorn - I think a plate is so much more appetising when its all bright and colourful.

If you do need convenience or a ready meal, get used to checking the ingredients list and go for those where you can actually identify and pronounce the stuff- I know they are more expensive but Marks are pretty good in general for not using too many chemicals/preservatives etc and keeping the recipes simple.

Snacks: I find the best things are fruit (banana, apple and strawberries are my faves) bananas and apples are particularly convenient- you can buy them anywhere, they are cheap, and can be carried around in your bag incase hunger strikes! Also nuts like almonds in particular, really yummy, satisfying and good for your skin etc.

Meals: My parents always just made up recipes as they went along so I don't tend to follow ingrediant lists or anything in particular and am ok at throwing things together. It sort of depends what your fave meals are but I could give you some ideas on how to adapt things to a more "clean" recipe :)
Last night for instance I had an aubergine baked with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil leaves with a side salad. I often make a bolognese from turkey mince, loads of veg (carrots/courgette/mushrooms) and tinned tomatoes with seasoning etc.

One big tip would be moving away from fizzy drinks and the like and embracing water :D

I honestly think you feel SO much better from eating clean- and as well as weight loss pretty much being a natural part of it (since alot of veg&fruit is low calorie, high fibre) you also get energy, good moods and lovely skin and hair etc.

What she says! Plus I'm trying to eat low carb too as that suits me best on my weight loss journey. Best of luck!

Hi guys! There's a great book on clean eating- it's by a guy called James Duigan and its called 'The Clean and Lean diet'. I'm on day 1 of what he calls a 14 day kick start. It's all about eating fresh meat and fish and veg ( limits fruit,caffeine,good carbs and cheese for the first 14 days). I lost 3 stone with lipotrim TFR before my wedding last year and have gained 1.5 stone back so wanted to do something to get it off but not something as drastic as TFR (same motivation not there post wedding!!). Will let ye know how it works out :)

Thanks everyone, it's been hard when out! But I'm trying hard and may look at that book :)

Nothing beats the healthy combination of water, fruits and vegetables. It's okay to eat all the time, but only small portions of everything.

Hi guys! There's a great book on clean eating- it's by a guy called James Duigan and its called 'The Clean and Lean diet'. I'm on day 1 of what he calls a 14 day kick start. It's all about eating fresh meat and fish and veg ( limits fruit,caffeine,good carbs and cheese for the first 14 days). I lost 3 stone with lipotrim TFR before my wedding last year and have gained 1.5 stone back so wanted to do something to get it off but not something as drastic as TFR (same motivation not there post wedding!!). Will let ye know how it works out :)

Sarah, interested to hear how you are getting on with Clean & Lean ...

P x

I do slimming world, but my choices are mostly "clean". I am gradually doing the switch to totally clean though. I like the idea of the paleo diet too, but no pasta/potatoes etc would be too tough for me.

Shame threre is not a clean eating section on here.

Back