• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Clemantines, Tangerines etc

S: 12st7lb C: 11st8lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 28.7 Loss: 0st13lb(7.43%)
Morrisons have loads in x

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
S: 19st8.0lb C: 19st8.0lb G: 11st0.0lb BMI: 47 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Our class members seem to have loads, that's all there ever is in our basket.

Circes

Strutting her stuff
S: 17st12lb C: 10st7lb BMI: 22.3 Loss: 7st5lb(41.2%)
To be honest, with food being flown in from around the world seasons don't really affect availability in supermarkets. That said I think they taste better when they are in season and are usually on offer at that time because there are more available. For clementines the season is late October to February, and tangerines are November to January.

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
S: 14st5lb
I was going to say that when I was a girl (in the dark ages!) we only got tangerines at Xmas! Usually in the toe of your Xmas stocking! How we looked forward to them!

S: 19st2lb C: 11st3lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 23.2 Loss: 7st13lb(41.42%)
Well i went to Asda a picked up a bag, 6 for £1.50!! Mind you - the price has gone up yet the number in the bag has gone down.

Shocking :mad:

Lindyxx

S: 14st7lb C: 14st7lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 39.6 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I was going to say that when I was a girl (in the dark ages!) we only got tangerines at Xmas! Usually in the toe of your Xmas stocking! How we looked forward to them!
Yea tangerines always remind me of xmas, our fruit bowl was always full of them at xmas time.
Going back to the question tho, tesco's here had loads of them today :)

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
S: 22st0lb C: 19st7lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 55.1 Loss: 2st7lb(11.36%)
I get satsuma's from Asda in my online grocery order every week, I buy a bag every week throughout the year - so maybe you could check Asda again, good luck with it.

LisaC

Gold Member
S: 17st0lb C: 17st0lb G: 10st6lb BMI: 40.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I got satsumas last week in tesco & they're the nicest ones Ive tasted in ages!

Beki

Gold Member
S: 17st4lb C: 17st4lb G: 14st4lb BMI: 42.9 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
To be honest, with food being flown in from around the world seasons don't really affect availability in supermarkets.
i was going to say exactly the same thing... i wouldn't be looking to the supermarket to see if things are in season or not..

i mean, they sell cucumbers in january for goodness sake :rotflmao:

this is a good site! :D

eat the seasons, seasonal food