Clothes Alterations

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by Lou, 27 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Lou

Lou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.32%)
    Diet:
    W8
    Do any of you know about getting clothes altered. I have some gorgeous dresses from Monsoon in a size 18 that I would like to keep and get altered for when I've reached my goal weight. I'm hoping to be a size 14 by then.

Is it possible to have stuff altered two sizes smaller? Will it cost me a fortune to have done? Anyone know of any good alterations people in either central London or Manchester area?

Maybe I should just shrink them in the tumble dryer like I do with my husbands bestest golf jumpers :giggle:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. harriet2

harriet2 serial poster

Goal Weight:
    68kg
    Diet:
    my own
    it might be an idea to phone or go to your branch of monsoon and ask them if they do an alteration service?

h xx

4. collette

collette New Member

hi perfect fit in ashton do alterations from trousers to wedding dresses and all clothes alterations its on the web type in perfect fit and it shows your the address and phone no hope its helped you its near manchester

5. Lou

Lou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.32%)
    Diet:
    W8
    Thanks Collette, that one looks great. :)

6. Yorkshire Adam

Yorkshire Adam Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(27.78%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    i have no idea lol however cant you just buy equally as nice clothes in just a smaller size?

7. Lou

Lou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.32%)
    Diet:
    W8
    Oh don't worry I plan on buying lots and lots and lots of new clothes to celebrate when I get down to a size 14. It's just that I really like these dresses, they were expensive and I've only worn 'em once. I was hoping that having them altered would be cheaper than buying brand new ones.

8. kered

kered Gold Member

I too would love to have lots of clothes altered, I bought loads last year for my 2 holidays and have only worn most of them once, some of them have not even been worn. Might just pop into my local dressmaking shop tomorrow in town and see how much the charge would be. Maybe even get it cheaper if there are quite a few items.

9. Ghost

Ghost Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.69%)
    Diet:
    LT
    I can't wait to starting altering clothes. Like yourself I have quite a few dresses I want to hang onto becuase I really like them and haven't got much wear out of them. I'm no expert but must get the machine out of the loft and start practising. Mind you, might have to try and find a professional local altering services so I don't totally botch the lot!!

10. rachee29

rachee29 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st10lb(46.74%)
    Diet:
    lighterlife completed on ww now to try to survive
    i got a dress altered and it was about 2 sizes down it cost me 24 pounds

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.