Clothes problem

Sinead2005

Silver Member
I have a question for those who have lost a dress size or two or more.......how did you manage with clothes while you were on your LT journey......i am not going to buy new clothes to wear to work every month.....but i need to do something. I don't have a wardrobe of smaller sizes cos i have been this big for soooo long

Today i came home from work and my DH asked me if i had had an accident in my pants :eek:......cos the seat of them is really very very baggy now:D

I know i will buy for special occasions, but just wondering how others dealt with this problem

Hi I was the same I bought a couple of pairs of "control leggins" from primark as they are extra tight so they fit you what ever size and I've lived in a few vest tops and I did buy a couple of denim shirts in smaller sizes to go over the top, I wear a uniform during the week so not so bad for me although Ive ordered a new smaller size :) and bought a couple of cheap white shirts from matalan until they arrive. I've gone from a 20 to a 12 xx

Carboots, eBay until u get to the size ur happy with. U need to dump those trousers in charity or ur telling ur self that u might be that big again. U will never be that big again so get rid.

I hoard everything so I have clothes in size 16, 14 and 12!

Hi I was the same I bought a couple of pairs of "control leggins" from primark as they are extra tight so they fit you what ever size and I've lived in a few vest tops and I did buy a couple of denim shirts in smaller sizes to go over the top, I wear a uniform during the week so not so bad for me although Ive ordered a new smaller size :) and bought a couple of cheap white shirts from matalan until they arrive. I've gone from a 20 to a 12 xx

oh good idea Ejsunshine :) i will look for some cheap things to do me for now........my biggest problem will be "suit like" trousers for work

Last edited:
Carboots, eBay until u get to the size ur happy with. U need to dump those trousers in charity or ur telling ur self that u might be that big again. U will never be that big again so get rid.

I hoard everything so I have clothes in size 16, 14 and 12!

yeah Peggy.......ever ever ever again, will i wear the clothes i am wearing now..........i have a friend lined up who is looking for them and once i have "in-grown" (opposite to outgrown?!) them and she is more than welcome to them. I don't want them in the house!!

Good on u I've got rid of everything have a lot to charity loads to a friend and sold all my nice BIG dresses on eBay and all my bras believe it or not! I'm determined not to get back to that size again, will be hard but ill bloody walkover hot coals before I get that size lol xx

Last edited:
Good on u I've got rid of everything have a lot to charity loads to a friend and sold all my nice BIG dresses on eBay and all my bras believe it or not! I'm determined not to get back to that size again, will be hard but ill bloody walkover hot coals before I get that size lol xx

I was thinking about it tonight and if a pants or something feels tight, i will make myself lose to fit into it again......and never going to get into the habit of wearing tracksuit bottoms or leggings again.....can't see the weight gain as much in those. All the clothes will be got rid of as soon as they are replaced with a smaller size

Hi Sinead, I have been buying clothes from ebay, new with tags. But always bidding for them, got some lovely things for less than £3. I am living in leggings with lovely tunics/dresses over the top. It's great for all seasons as you can wear boots or sandals. I made the mistake of buying jeans from ebay and when they arrived they were skinny jeans, they made me feel terrible about myself! If you do buy of the internet, make sure you read the description :D

Hi Sinead, I have been buying clothes from ebay, new with tags. But always bidding for them, got some lovely things for less than £3. I am living in leggings with lovely tunics/dresses over the top. It's great for all seasons as you can wear boots or sandals. I made the mistake of buying jeans from ebay and when they arrived they were skinny jeans, they made me feel terrible about myself! If you do buy of the internet, make sure you read the description :D

ohhhhhh that is a cool idea......i bought a top last night, but will start doing the bidding thing over the weekend when i have more time.......and nope, won't buy skinny jeans!!

I just won a new dress for £1.04! Its so exciting to bid and get a bargin. Hope you find some nice clothes for a good price! Good luck for this weeks weigh in x

Waiting for weekend to study the bidding on eBay lol

Back