Clothes sizes

Anyone else getting really desperate to get down a size in order to buy new clothes.

I'm in desperate need of new clothes yet don't see the point in going out buying my usual size 18's when they wont fit me in the end, plus all my clothes are pretty baggy on me now yet I've tried on a 16 and i fit in it but it's still far too tight

Sooo fustrating

just needed to get it out really.

^ Yes I sympathise with the above too.

What I absolutely do not understand is how weight and size seem to differ soooo much between people. For e.g. at 12 stone I was a size 12 and i am only 5ft 4 ? Yet people who even weighed less than me were size 14 or 16? PLEASE someone yell me why this is, was I in clothes too tight for me??? Or once past size 16 there is little between the sizes. I use past tense as I used to weigh that much but of course I would weigh alot more than that now. Tut

I'm not the only one then phew
getting really annoyed with it cant find a belt that will fit me in the shops either so i shall just have to keep pulling my trousers back up until the day comes where i can be comfy in some 16's

I agree, clothes are a total nightmare. It doesn't help that all shops are completely different sizes !
I kind of use clothes as a motivation which I have found good. I have a top and a pair of trousers hanging up in my room that are the next size down but I also buy as little new stuff as possible so I am keen to get to the new size!
Hoping to fit into my size 14 jeans tomorrow - fingers crossed!!!

What I absolutely do not understand is how weight and size seem to differ soooo much between people. For e.g. at 12 stone I was a size 12 and i am only 5ft 4 ? Yet people who even weighed less than me were size 14 or 16? PLEASE someone yell me why this is, was I in clothes too tight for me??? Or once past size 16 there is little between the sizes. I use past tense as I used to weigh that much but of course I would weigh alot more than that now. Tut

It depends on how/where you carry your weight, and the amount of muscle mass you carry.

We all hold our weight in different places, and have rangin levels of fitness, so it plays a part in what size you are.

At my heavist I was 12st 12lbs, and I was only 5'2" at the time, but I was still only a size 14-16, while other people that height and weight were bordering on an 18.

I carry a lot of my weight on my stomach and my upper arms. This is why I can't fit into size 10 jeans or tops there but the rest of my body would fit fine (jeans fit all the way up but can't close them coz tum is in the way, sleeveless size 10 tops also tend to fit :p)

Quite annoying size!! :D Hope some exercise will change this :)

xxx

It depends on how/where you carry your weight, and the amount of muscle mass you carry.

We all hold our weight in different places, and have rangin levels of fitness, so it plays a part in what size you are.

At my heavist I was 12st 12lbs, and I was only 5'2" at the time, but I was still only a size 14-16, while other people that height and weight were bordering on an 18.

Thanks for that, sometimes I feel am I missing something here? I don't carry weight around my stomach at all it's all on my backside lol It's esentially about body shape isn't it.

I know its completely annoying. I am very much a pear shaped and my waist is always much smaller than my hips! Seems like I can fit into a 16 top, but down the bottom size 20 or higher!! So dresses really don't work well for me unless I am very lucky! Exercise will even everything out in the end I hope :)

^I'm the oposite. I have virtually no hips, but a bigger waist. I'm one of those people with the "straight up, straight down" figure, which is actually a nightmare for buying clothes.

Back