Clothes sizings?!?!

Dinosaur

I have been wearing a pair of jeans for the past few weeks (I have washed them during that time, honest:p), from New Look which said they were a size 12. However I have an identical pair of size 12 New look jeans which are definitely a size smaller, so I've always assumed my comfy ones were actually a small 14.

Now I've been given a pair of size 12 New look jeans from a friend and, they fit!. However the zip on my size 12 Dorothy Perkins Jeans doesn't even meet yet!

So, are New look particularly generous, or are DP really stingy (or more likely haven't increased their sizings like all the other shops!) or have I got 2 pairs of mislabelled NL jeans?!?!

Just curious as if they really are size 12's I can update my ticker:D;):D

Sorry to say New look sizes are very generous:(

I shop there all the time makes me feel great;):D

Tracey
x

i find new look is teeny tiny - that's why i avoid the place...

love dotty p's for nice roomy clothes...

i find new look is teeny tiny - that's why i avoid the place...

love dotty p's for nice roomy clothes...

Really? Like everyone one else on this thread, I find the Dotty P's are tiny compared to New Look! You must actually be thin then ;)

I always feel skinny wearing New Look jeans! :eek:

:DThanks everyone!

Well, I guess I can update my ticker as I am wearing size 12's - although large ones:p

I'll look forward to fitting into size 12's from everywhere else soon though:D;)

Yes I was wearing a size 14 NL jeans when I was pushing out of size 16s everywhere else and I only knew I was a size 18 when I tried to buy a 16 in M&S when I was wearing 16s in NL suits for work

Back