Clothes too big..

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Felix, 8 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Felix

Felix Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.7lb(5.86%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Hi everyone :)

Just having a bit of a dilemma! Today has been 'dress down friday' at work, as it is every week, and ive realised almost all my clothes are too big!!!!! Worn some shorts and a top today and the shorts are hanging off me and the top is so baggy. I know this is technically a great thing, but I look awful and the baggy clothes are making me look bigger than I am as they don't fit properly!

I have a bit of spare money I could go shopping with but I wonder if it's even worth it if they will end up being too big soon too. What has everyone else done in this situation?

I dont really have any summery clothes either so I sort of do need some stuff to wear or I'll boil to death haha. It doesn't help that I'm very vain and fashion concious...

Someone hellppppppp!!!!!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. AOGG

AOGG Banned

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(31.11%)
    Diet:
    1500cals/training
    try primark

4. Felix

Felix Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.7lb(5.86%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Yeah I was thinking primark would be a good idea. I shop there a lot anyway so might see if I can get some shorts and tops and a couple of dresses. I can always sell them on eBay if I don't wear them for long :)

5. loveablemonkey

loveablemonkey Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(21.16%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I've been living in leggings and tunics/dresses as they always fit pretty much, just whack a belt on to show your waist off! That said, even my leggings are starting to get a bit loose lol but they're still wearable without making me look bigger than I am xx (or try boohoo.com - really cheap nice clothes)

6. Caroline83

Caroline83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st9lb
    Current Weight:
    21st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(7.26%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet (Restart post baby)
    I have bought a few clothes bundles from eBay to tide me over and primark. Would rather save money for my Target clothes not in-between ones :D

7. Felix

Felix Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.7lb(5.86%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Thanks I was thinking about getting some leggings. I only have black ones and dont feel very summery in them so will see if I can get some different colours :) I'll have a look on boohoo. What are the sizes like? I am a 16 in dorothy perkins but dunno what size they go up to?

8. Felix

Felix Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.7lb(5.86%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I have bought two new topshop dresses and a top from ebay for really cheap so waiting for them to come. I love ebay im addicted!!!!!

9. loveablemonkey

loveablemonkey Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(21.16%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Boohoo go up to a 16/18 depending on the item, and whats ideal is that underneath each item is customer reviews so says if the item is true to size/too big/too small etc so you can be fully informed before you buy! Yeah I have some grey leggings theyre pretty good! xx

10. Felix

Felix Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.7lb(5.86%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Brilliant thank you!

Persuaded my Mum to come up to Leeds tomorrow to help me shop haha. Just been on the Look magazine website and they have pics of the Primark spring/summer collection and I've spied some things I want (including the most beautiful lemon print sundress for £9!!!!!) so fingers crossed they have some of it now now :)

11. coralprincess

coralprincess Happiest Girl :D

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(28.57%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Who knows!!
    Oooh, I was in Primark this week, they have the most gorgeous sundresses in for £5 each! :)

12. Awaken Me

Awaken Me On my Way...

Hi Hun, Asda was a godsend for me. For ages I lived in leggings, vests, tshirts and cardigans - I'm finding this particular habit hard to break..lol. Especially leggings, my body actually thinks they are a part of me - I'm hoping the sun will force me out of them.

13. Felix

Felix Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.7lb(5.86%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Haha I love leggings!!!! I love Asda clothes they are always really nice. We have a massive Asda quite close but we don't have a car at the minute and it's dead awkward to get to otherwise. I need my Asda fix!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.