Clothes, what kind do you wear?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Wish, 2 May 2010 Social URL.

1. Wish

Wish Silver Member

Start Weight:
    100.7kg
    Current Weight:
    64.9kg
    Goal Weight:
    70.8kg
    Lost(%):
    35.8kg(35.59%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting/Low Fat
    Sounds a silly question and i'm not a weirdo honest. But being a size 20 I am finding that all I can ever dare top wear is jeans and a top and I am bored and don't feel glam ever:sigh:

I saw some lovely dress/top things is Asda the other day, you wear leggings underneath, but I daren't even try the leggings on as I can just imagine how hideous I would look in them. I never wear skirts or dresses anymore, just constantly in jeans and if I am honest mostly black tops too.

Do you find yourself doing the same?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Peacocks is very good :)

I think its difficult, i would have never dared were leggings untill now.. the problem is i never experimented whilst i was loosing weight.. so now im here, a size ten, and still struggle to find the confidence to wear more 'exciting' things. Leggings is as experimental as i get atm, and getting me away from black is a nightmare. Its not that i cant find things to wear, its that when it comes to the crunch time.. wearing them out without giving it a second thought, i just cant do it. Just feel too self concious.

My only advise would be, you dont know till you try it on.. and i think you should enjoy the 'journey' and enjoy the new changes, rather than focusing on what youl do when you get to target. i always said ' when im a size 12' (that was my orginal goal) il do this and il do that.. be able to wear this and be able to wear that.. and now im a size ten? i dont.. because i didnt give myself a chance to ajust! xxx

4. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm a size 10 but notice now these are getting too big. So I've bought some size 8 clothes off ebay. I'd love to wear dresses but don't as my hips are not in proption to my waist & it doesn't matter what other people think I just think it looks wrong. I tend to stick to skirts/trousers & shorts. But I don't wear anything too short, just me & how I am:confused:

On the legging thing, yes wear something which covers your bottom, at WI this week a woman wore leggings & waist high t-shirt, not a pleasant sight.

I think it all depends on how confident you feel about what you are wearing not what size you are. Go to the shop pick up what you fancy & go try them on, you might be surprised how good you look:D

5. ChubLock

ChubLock Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.44%)
    Diet:
    SW/5:2
    There is NO reason not to feel glam just because you've got some curves to boot. I have found my confidence taking a nose dive recently with the weight gain that's happened but every so often I feel that I'll make the effort and I'll buy a nice outfit. I know the weightloss won't happen over night so I will go and buy a few nice items in size 20.

I've had a gander online, what do you think of some of these? I don't know what your tastes are but SimplyBe has a nice range of flattering dresses. Even if you plan to lose weight and don't want to spend a fortune on dresses just try the high street. You deserve to be/feel glam even at a bigger size if only temporary (I don't intend on being a Size 20 forever!!).

Vintage Beaded Dress Length 45in | Simply Be I'd wear this dress with a small bolero cardigan personally.

6. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Get yourself on ebay and spend very little on a whole new wardrobe! I now live in monsoon and per una clothes and have never spent so little. Then you sell them as your weight goes down and you can spend again!!!!!!!!! Wonderful!!!!!!!

7. lazorinie

lazorinie wants a body to love!

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i cant believe how much i have changed, my OH has noticed too. When i was 16/18 i only wore jeans an tshirts. now im a 12/14 and hardly ever wear jeans and tshirts. i wear lots of leggings and dresses, as i just feel so much better! My aim is loose another stone, so i can wear shorts on holiday without my leggings. :]]

8. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

I am a snug size 18 and love my leggings (and wore them at size 20!)....to be honest, i dont think anyone notices me, so whether i wear polka dot hotpants or jeans, i think inside i worry more what people think, but the reality of it is that nobody really gives a hoot!

Good luck to you - get some leggings! i got mine from Next - £8 a pair...bargain! xxx

9. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    I wear trousers alot have light grey trousers and a brown vest top long in a silk fabric and a purple short cardie goes nice eve though it doesn't sound it. hit your local libary and get a what not to wear book or even gok ours have both

10. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I always used to wear jeans, trousers and skirts with loose tops to hide the bulges and would never dare to wear leggings until I got to my target.
    Now I wear legging more than anything else but still wear longer tops with them, as I think they look more flattering.
    On the whole my clothes have now got more tight fitting and I now find that loose and baggy clothes are not flattering and make me look larger.

11. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    I wear skirts, tops, and sweaters - I have really short legs and could never get a decent look with trousers, so I haven't worn them for years, I find dresses always drag the floor too, they are far too long, (I'm 4' 11") so I stick to my skirts and tops, and I have had some good bargains off eBay over the years too.

12. Leapfrog

Leapfrog Champion actifryer

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Me too! If I try stuff on in shops my OH often tells me it's not close fitting enough on the waist. Which is a result, as you'd have struggled to find my waist before :D

13. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I live in my jeans and a nice fitted top (but the longer ones) these days!

14. Debs154

Debs154 Trying again!!

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I'm a size 16 bottom and still an 18 top - I wear jeans and long tops mostly - boot cut jeans with a bit of a heel - and for work it the usually black bootcut trousers with long tops. I have a couple of things that are a bit closer fitting and people do comment on the weight loss when I wear them but I still have that big roll around my midriff when I sit down so prefer looser tops.

I really fancied the dress over leggings look but my knees are just too chunky!

15. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I did get into a real jeans rut but now I'm down to a size 16 (my aim is a size 12!) I have ventured out of my comfort zone and invested in a pair of jeggings and I'm pleased as punch with them (wearing wedge sandals to give me height so my legs look more shapely than they actually are!!LOL!) I have to wear longish tops though- the world is nowhere near ready to see the tops of my thighs and definitely not my derriere!! I think it's good to try on a few things you wouldn't necessarily normally wear and just see what you think! If in doubt, take an honest friend with you!!X

16. emmaleonie1984

emmaleonie1984 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimminworld
    I live in leggings and have done since i was 6 months pregnant so near enough 9 months now lol! However i am getting abit fedup now and would love to wear jeans again but hate how i look in them. So hopefully thats my goal to wear jeans again x

17. Claireybella

Claireybella Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I'm the same as Elle, a small 18/large 16, and I've been wearing leggings for a while, under long tops and with long boots, and I love em. Makes me feel very glam. Try them, that's all I say, and see what you think. The first time I wore them, I did feel a bit uncomfortable, but now I wear them at least twice a week

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Felix

Felix Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.7lb(5.86%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I am a size 18 and I live in jeggings (I know I shouldn't but they are sooo comfy). I always wear them with a short dress/long top type thing. I love dresses too and wear them with tights and a cardigan but dreading the warm weather because I don't dare take my cardi off so I boil all summer!
    I'm going to sign up to SW online when I get paid on Friday so hopefully I'll be able to take the cardi's off soon then maybe the tights.. haha :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.