clothing advice needed !

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by katoof, 9 August 2011 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. katoof

katoof Silver Member

Start Weight:
    25st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    11st8lb(46.02%)
    Hi all, I'm going to my sisters wedding in four weeks but I'm dreading it as have nothing to wear. I don't know is I cam brave a dress, I have no idea what style is flattering. I'm 5 ft 5 and size 22/24 as I used to be a 34 thus is all new to me. Any advice gratefully received

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tpals

tpals Full Member

Start Weight:
    355lb
    Current Weight:
    317.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    185lb
    Lost(%):
    37.8lb(10.65%)
    Wrap dresses that hit at or just below the knee are supposed to be always flattering. Good luck!

4. Ashanti

Ashanti Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done first of all! When I was a size 24 I used to get some lovely clothes from SimplyBe, if you are looking to wear a dress a maxi dress would be flattering if you tapered it in with a belt on the waist, or a classic fitted dress that flares from the waist hides a multitude of sins! There are lots of dresses in this 'prom' style available right now. And again, a belt around your empire line is always very flattering. If you don't feel up to wearing a dress yet (although I think you should brave it you have done amazingly well!) then how about a smart blazer and trousers combo in a light summery colour? Blazers are great at skimming over the figure and giving a more refined shape.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.