Clueless Newbie :)

steeleee

Silver Member
Hi :) I have decided to try sw again, did it a few years ago. It's all changed now with the extra easy, etc, so not really sure what I'm doing. My group isn't til Thursday but I want to start Monday. Can anyone give some general info/tips? Thanks :)

There are lots of threads on here about starting SW & the basis of EE, green, red days.

Otherwise take a look at peoples diaries.;)

Good luck

Hi Steelee!!
How are you finding your first day?
I reckon just try to pad up your plate with veggies/salad etc, and change your snacks to fruit.
Then there are little switches like sweetener, frylight, and diet soft drinks. Try not to have a takeaway this week because you won't know where you are with it.

I think if you just do those few basic things that will help and then you can get bang on it on Thursday! It's a bit confusing having a mid-week weigh in (I'm a Wednesday weigher) but if you're willing to go for it today and then embrace Friday as the beginning of your new week I think you'll do fab!

Let us know how today goes!

Hi :) I have decided to try sw again, did it a few years ago. It's all changed now with the extra easy, etc, so not really sure what I'm doing. My group isn't til Thursday but I want to start Monday. Can anyone give some general info/tips? Thanks :)

Well done on deciding to rejoin. SW tend to promote Extra Easy now but still have the Red and Green plans available too. Not everyone loves EE, but I think it works ok and I like the variety. My advice would be to go easy on yourself until Thursday (but you could follow Red or Green if you still have the info) and then when you have all the info about EE read, plan and make sure you keep a food diary. Keep in close contact with your consultant when not at group to ask all the questions you want to. Planning is most definitely the key, in terms of shopping and cooking. It's really useful to look at someone else's diary who follows the same plan as you and look at the threads what's for breakfast, lunch etc and all the recipe threads here, it's a total mine of information. Plus there are so many people here who are willing to offer advice and tips. I really do wish you the best of luck on your SW journey. Let us know how you get along. :)

Back