Cm/inches and the way they show

MissAma

Silver Member
Anyone knows if indeed the old wives' tale of it's 1kg per 1 cm loss off the waist is true? (I haven't heard the proportion in lbs but I would guess 7lbs to one inch lost?)

I can't find much reference and I can't tell if it has to be off the waist or off anything left to lose.

Obsessed as I am with the measurements and the stats of this *blush* this morning I noticed I lost 35 cm (14in) off my waist and that kinda corresponds with the 37 kg (82 lbs) loss but I sure don't have 25 cm left to lose off my waist:eek: so how will this work?:confused:

Im not sure so can't help but I can say at last weight in I lost 1lb and 1 inch. My mum lost 5lbs and 5 inches coincidence perhaps...:confused:

I've lost 20 pounds overall and 4 and a half inches off my waist - not sure I fit in with the theory I'm afraid!

No I don't think that's right at all to be honest. It just depends and will change all the time, your body will choose where to take the fat from, and it'll vary week to week. In my first week I lost 11lbs and 3.5in from my waist. I've in total lost 21lbs which would mean 3in but I've lost 6.5 inches from my waist so far. I don't think there's any real rhyme or reason to it to be honest.

i have lost 15 inches off my waist and 9 inches off my hips since i started, but i noticed that one fortnight i will lose 2 off my waist none off my hips and the next fortnight vice versa! its all very random.

No I don't think that's right at all to be honest.
I've lost 20 pounds overall and 4 and a half inches off my waist - not sure I fit in with the theory I'm afraid!
Im not talking about just from the waist, but from all over our bodies as our CDC measures calf, thigh, hips, tummy, bust and arm. It may not be right but it's just what happened to us at the last WI, it would be a nice theory though;)

Well yeah, it would stand to reason that the distribution allows for no real loss algorythm but there is empirical evidence.... I mean eyesontheprize, you and I seem to have lost roughly the same amount of inches off our waist with the same amount of pounds lost....

It wasn't more than anecdotal though, it doesn't matter where it goes from as soon as it does!

But then I seem to have lost quite a lot of inches in comparison to some others who have lost a fair few pounds more than me. I don't think there's much guessing it to be honest!

Maybe it depends on where you are carrying the most weight? Maybe our bodies are intelligent enough to realise that we need to get rid of the weight round the middle first as that is the most unhealthy fat which is round our internal organs. Then it goes for the bum and thighs etc...

Back