Co-op reduced fat greek style natural yoghurt

LoChan1984

Gold Member
Does anyone know the syns for this - it's in a 500g tub. Bought it for the soft cheese recipe posted by ermintrude as couldn't get hold of total... have a feeling it'll be quite high :sigh:

I can only find this one:

Healthier Choice Greek Style Natural Yogurt, 500g pot 20

:eek:

Only 3 syns less than the non-healthy one! :faint2:

Bladdy helll... surely REAL Boursin's cheaper than that :confused:

:eek: That is mental!

I wouldn't have thought that from the NVs though I'm no expert :( Thought there'd be some sort of free food allowance like muller corners and da kine :sigh:

For 100g =

Cals 80
Protein - 5.7g
Carbs - 8.2g
Sugars - 8.2g
Fat - 2.7g
Sat fat - 1.7g
nil fibre
Sodium - 0.10g
Salt - 0.3g

If it is 20syns a pot guess it's going in the bin and I'm not having home-made soft cheese tomorrow :(

:eek: That is mental!

I wouldn't have thought that from the NVs though I'm no expert :( Thought there'd be some sort of free food allowance like muller corners and da kine :sigh:

For 100g =

Cals 80
Protein - 5.7g
Carbs - 8.2g
Sugars - 8.2g
Fat - 2.7g
Sat fat - 1.7g
nil fibre
Sodium - 0.10g
Salt - 0.3g

If it is 20syns a pot guess it's going in the bin and I'm not having home-made soft cheese tomorrow :(

That's more like it, using yogurt as free a 500g pot comes out as:

5 Syns per package/portion

The SW syns online value corresponds to the 1 syn per 20 calories rule, so it looks like their value hasn't had yogurt included as a free food for some reason? Jeez. Serious SW error there! :eek: Unless that's a different yogurt or the NV's have changed immensely in the meantime :confused:

Now go enjoy your 5 syn yoghurt! :)

Ive just sent them an email to ask if this is an error on syns online.

Got a reply already, we were right, there is an error in syns online and the yoghurt is 5 syns:

Many thanks for your e-mail and bringing this error to our attention, it's going to be amended as soon as possible. The calculations in the Syn calculator are correct, the yogurt would be 5 Syns per 500g pot, as the yogurt does get a Free Food allowance of yogurt.

Sincere apologies for the error.

Kind regards
Helen and the team at Slimming World Online

Back