Cocktail recipes

suzimk

Hello everyone,

I'm new so please excuse me if this thread has already been posted a million times. I know cocktails tend to be high in syns due to their fruit juices and obviously the alcohol but I was wondering if anyone had some low-ish syn recipes they could share with me. Normally I would just stick to the odd glass of wine but my sister is coming for a few days of quality time (the bf's have been shunned) and would love for us to have a few fancy girly drinks whilst together!

Thanks
x

How about gin, slimline tonic and elderflower cordial? If you could find some low sugar / sugar free cordial? X

You could fashion a reasonably low syn mojito? Rum with fresh mint and lime wedges bashed together, fill up with soda water and add a little sweetener instead of the sugar syrup? I've never tried this, just an idea I came up with but might be worth a go! x

Thanks Sculls and missy1978 I'll definitely give those a try! Henri156 we shall be making them ourselves so not only healthier but a lot cheaper too :D x

That is so good as it means u can control what goes in it! My bf is a bar man and cocktails are his speciality so ill ask his advice and let u know :) x

Ah thank you!!! That would be perfect :) x

Hey Suzi. What he basically said is cocktails are the devil lol. His suggestion was the mojito (already suggested) or something like martini with a diet lemonade or armaretto and diet coke. Abit different but only need to syn the alcohol. His last suggestion was Pimms lol. It is meant to be nice made up in a jug with lemonade, mint and chopped up fruit served in a tall glass over ice! A good way to sneak in the super free lol really hope that helps xx

Also if you search slimming world sangria in google a few different ones come up...I'm on my phone so can't link you.

Thank you might just have a whizz at making a few pimms ones and I'll make sure I check out the sangria. Say thanks to the bf too :) x

Back