Cocoa (1 tblsp of)

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Kwise1, 3 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Kwise1

Kwise1  THE WISE ONE 

Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya,
    There seems to be some controversy as to the syn value of cocoa. Online i have been told that 1 tblsp is 1 syn.
    But, my weigh-in book states that non branded cocoa is 1.5 syns per tblsp (0.5 syns per tsp) and my directory says that both Green & Blacks and Bourneville cocoa are 3 syns per tblsp (1 syn per tsp)

What are your views??

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Your book has average values as it cannot list all the different brands - some will be higher like the G&B variety and others will be lower. Check for the particular brand you plan on using or work it out based on the calories.

4. Kwise1

Kwise1  THE WISE ONE 

Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Cheers , Circes,
    In that case I will go for my branded ones and go by my directory.

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

5. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yep like circes has said, most of the syn values are for generic values and are an average, I always check the calories when no free food allowance and use the 1 syn for every 20 calories, as you will be surprised how different the nutritional info is between different brands.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.