• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

cod ideas please?

ginlin

Better to Drink your Syns
S: 12st10.5lb C: 11st12lb G: 11st6.5lb BMI: 26.8 Loss: 0st12.5lb(7%)
I like to wrap the cod in lean pancetta or parma ham, and roast in the oven with tomatoes.

S: 15st0lb C: 12st4.4lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 2st9.6lb(17.9%)
I'm not a great lover of fish, so when I do have it I try to keep it pretty simple.
A few nights ago I had cod, and simply placed the cod on a piece of tin foil. Sprayed with frylight. Sprinkled with a few chilli & garlic flakes, and folded the foil into a little bag then baked.
Is also nice with salt and pepper done in the same way, or balamic vinegar and salt.
I usually serve with Slimming World chips/wedges and mountains of mushy peas :drool:
xxx

debtin

Gold Member
brilliant both ideas sound fab - dont have any pancetta for tonight but will try later - fancy the balsamic vinegar idea mmmmm thank you

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
S: 18st2.5lb C: 18st2.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 41.1 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I had some cod the other night topped with some philly with roasted peppers, and a HexB of breadcrumbs wizzed up with some parsley, salt, pepper and chives pressed onto the top. I baked it in the oven until the cod was flaky - yum! :) xx

P.S. It's also nice with the chive philly, and the garlic and herb :)

ginlin

Better to Drink your Syns
S: 12st10.5lb C: 11st12lb G: 11st6.5lb BMI: 26.8 Loss: 0st12.5lb(7%)
brilliant both ideas sound fab - dont have any pancetta for tonight but will try later - fancy the balsamic vinegar idea mmmmm thank you
You could also use lean bacon, but thin it out by stretching it with the back of a knife.

S: 16st10lb C: 13st8lb G: 10st0lb Loss: 3st2lb(18.8%)
Hahaha I made a classic blooper tonight....didn't have chilli flakes so thought I'd use chopped chilli instead....baked it with the cod and ate it.....boy was my mouth on fire!!!!!!! I am not a lover of hot/spicy good but usually the chilli just gives things a little kick....whoa, not tonight!!!!!!

jen3

Silver Member
S: 13st7.5lb C: 13st0.0lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 26.1 Loss: 0st7.5lb(3.96%)
I can second the parma ham one - its lovely though I use haddock.

Hi i make up a little sauce with lemon juice garlic and parsley and pour that over the fish wrap in foil and put in the oven
Hope this idea helps someone

vanwoodle

S: 12st10lb C: 10st7lb G: 9st4lb BMI: 24.5 Loss: 2st3lb(17.42%)
scorpio3674 said:
Hi i make up a little sauce with lemon juice garlic and parsley and pour that over the fish wrap in foil and put in the oven
Hope this idea helps someone
Mm, sounds lush.