Coffee pods & machines?

Maximus

Gold Member
Anyone use these and can they recommend one/any?

I have been using the old Tassimo for several years now, and whilst it is still working really well, I think I may retire it to another room or something as I fancy a change - especially since they (Tassimo) stopped doing the Starbucks blend:mad:

I have various coffee gadgetry, but just want a pod-type where a simple button does the work rather than separate pressures and frothers etc.

Anyone use any and which pods/drinks are recommended? - even better if syn values are included.

Obviously I know black coffee is zero rated, I was thinking of latte, cappuccno etc.

We have a Nespresso and highly recommend, very easy pod system and gorgeous espresso, lattes etc every time.
Pods are available to order online or through boutique stores which is only downfall but ordering is really easy and quick so never caused us a prob.
Machine is around £150 and pods around 15p each...... It's our weekend heavenly treat :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have to say its plain and simple but love my Senseo machine :D

Does it do lattés and cappuccinos Jackie? - and any idea of syn value or costs per cup?

Geez there so expensive, good luck with them I say perfer my coffee maker with my beans :)

I have beans, grinder etc. but now and again a machine-made coffee is a great treat;)

We have a Nespresso and highly recommend, very easy pod system and gorgeous espresso, lattes etc every time.
Pods are available to order online or through boutique stores which is only downfall but ordering is really easy and quick so never caused us a prob.
Machine is around £150 and pods around 15p each...... It's our weekend heavenly treat :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow! - obviously the machine is not the cheapest, but the pods are a fraction of the cost of the Tassimo ones. - Same question to you as Jackie, do you know the syn/calorific values at all please?

I've wanted a tassimo for ages, mainly because they do tea and hot chocolate too

The Twinings Breakfast Tea and Suchard Chocolate are very nice. The latter is very popular with kids and non-slimmers;)

Thanks all!

I am not aware of any syns. As its ground coffee in a bag. It froths the water a little which gives me the feel of a cappucino and i just use normal milk from my HEXA and sprinkle a teeny bit of options on top in my choccie sprinkler

No it just makes a normal mug. I buy the mug bags ie I get a large large mug from it and its 15p per mug.

I am a cappochino (sp) girl but still love these. I had a Morphy Richards Roma for years and loved it but couldn't afford another :(

Cheers Jax;)

I prefer black coffee (use milk allowance for Weetabix)usually, except with the Tassimo cappuccino - they have 2 pods, the milk (frothed by the machine) and the espresso added afterwards. 2.5syns, or 50cals to be precise.

If I was to get another machine, it would have to work in a similar way. Tassimo pods are pricey though:(

I had a senso machine and now have the krups one. I prefer to heat some milk in the micro and then add a shot of coffee to make a latte type drink. The advantage with this is that you can vary the type and quantity of milk based on how many syns you have or as your hex.

I find with the Tassimo it is the consistency of the drinks I like - always the same - never a "duff" one.

Just fancied a change. Time to don my research head;)

Hi Maximus,
We've got a Nescafe Dulce Gusto machine and I think its absolutely amazing! It uses capsule thingy's for the whole drink (so no extra milk needed) and in all honesty I think it tastes as good if not better than some of the well known high street coffee places!
I tend to stick with the Cappucino (4 syns) or the latte machiatto (4.5 syns) and have recently got the SKINNY latte machiatto which is only 2.5 syns! It's slightly less creamy than the normal latte, but for 2 less syns it's barely noticeable

I would definitely recommend it, the pods are about £3.60 ish for a box of 12.

oh gosh I'm going to have to get one of them if it makes OH look like George Clooney :giggle:

After 2 years the effects of our Nespresso on my hubbie has been......Georges silvery grey hair appearing, still waiting for full transformation but just not happening!!! lol:8855:
Every night before bed I pray to the poor Nespresso Machine to do its wonders :worthy:
One day hey :D
x

After 2 years the effects of our Nespresso on my hubbie has been......Georges silvery grey hair appearing, still waiting for full transformation but just not happening!!! lol:8855:
Every night before bed I pray to the poor Nespresso Machine to do its wonders :worthy:
One day hey :D
x

mmmmm two years :eek: :eek: I can't wait that long or I will be totally grey and George won't want me :eek::8855: :8855: :8855:

sorry to hijack your thread Steve - wouldn't bother with this coffee machine as its not going to make you look like George Clooney other than the grey hair :8855:

Nespresso ones are fabulous - could not be simpler with the Krups Essenza version, they are about £120 either from Nespresso site or Amazon etc or in various department stores. Pop a capsule in and press a button, that's it! I heat the milk in the microwave directly in the cup which cuts down on washing up. So many friends have been impressed by ours they have bought the same one.

Back